Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 253254255 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Just back from Reading, where along with a new pair of boots and a bottle of Pepsi Max I also picked up:


Ambient 1: Music For Airports by Brian Eno

Original UK press. Record's in ace nick and plays with virtually no surface noise which is just as well considering the music

Also picked this up for a certain Cumbrian - ยฃ1.50 in a charity shop:


Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Song Book by Ella Fitzgerald
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Controversy - Prince
  • Quote

Songs For Christmas by Sufjan Stevens
_________________
http://distranscontinuum.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Quote
Great haul from the secondhand record store today!

On Vinyl:

Sail Away by Randy Newman

Been looking to get into him a bit more, and this was the one I'd heard before.

There's A Riot Goin' On by Sly and the Family Stone

I needed an excuse to listen to it more

On CD:

Have One on Me by Joanna Newsom

Made it a goal to collect all her main albums, so I couldn't resist

Sea Change by Beck
Ravedeath 1972 by Tim Hecker

I heard it was good...

Naked City by Naked City

I've heard it before, but honestly, no idea why I bought it. Called to me, I guess.
  • Quote
Just back from a day-trip for work to just east of Ipswich and as most of the Essex stretch of the M25 was screwed due to an oil spill I decided to take a detour to one of my favourite record shops, Crazy Beat in Upminster. Picked up:


Ben by Jorge Ben

UK press - been on my Discogs wishlist for a while now. One of only a couple of Jorge Ben LPs to get a UK pressing, and fits nicely between my copies of Forca Bruta and A Tabua De Esmerelda


Reggae Owes Me Money by Ragga Twins

Found languishing in the house and garage 12" section


Out Of The Frying Pan by Wynder K. Frog

First UK Island press with 'bullseye' logo. First heard of WKF when Harpsichord Shuffle was sampled by Bentley Rhythm Ace back in the late 90s. Saw this at a record fair going for ยฃ50 - this copy's got a few hairline marks and was covered in dust but I've just given it a scrub and shine and it's come up a treat with only a few sizzles here and there. Time for some boogaloo...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
a bottle of Pepsi Max



Ooooh nice catch!
  • Quote

Not To by Colin Newman

Finally reissued ! Love everything related to Newman and Wire.
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote

For Your Pleasure by Roxy Music

Hollywood Town Hall by The Jayhawks

Juju by Siouxsie And The Banshees

The Bridge by Sonny Rollins

Fulfillingness' First Finale by Stevie Wonder
  • Quote
A couple of the 100 over the last day or two:


King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown by Augustus Pablo

86/100 - 80s repress on Yard (Pablo's label)


Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub

87/100 - original Creation press. Saw this in Sister Ray on the BEA meet-up for ยฃ35, thought that was far too expensive so chose to bide my time and ended up saving a fair few bob on one in top nick.

As I've sold a fair bit of unwanted vinyl on Discogs in the last couple of weeks (Tallest Man On Earth's Wild Hunt, Tim Hecker's Ravedeath, an early Gentle Waves EP, second copy of Seamonsters, Take That & Party! - don't ask) I've been hastily reinvesting and whilst listening to an album I only discovered the other day via Plug (thanks to Nicholas from Belgium) I felt compelled to visit the Leaf Records website to order a repress of:


Sakura by Susumu Yokota
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Picked up a couple of bargains from Anarchy today...


Another Green World by Brian Eno

1st press Island cover however the record itself is a reissue on Polydor...cover a bit tatty but the record itself looks decent. ยฃ6.50

And...


Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul by Otis Redding

UK Mono 1st press for ยฃ3.00...I'll have to see how this one cleans up as lots of dust and surface marks but nothing feelable, it will probably suffer from a bit of crackle though. I already have a great condition Stereo version but have always wanted the Mono pressing so fingers crossed on this one.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 253254255 ... 494495496  Next
Page 254 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.