Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 257258259 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Part 206 in the continuing vinyl adventures of Dread, or the Xmas Shopping didn't quite work out as planned edition:


Your Arsenal by Morrissey

1st UK press, immaculate from Reading's Sound Machine. Spinning behind me as I speak, forgot how good it was (probably first time I've listened to it all the way through in about 20 years)

And then from the Oxfam shop:


Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot by Sparklehorse

Original UK press, which bar a couple of marks on the front of the sleeve is in top nick


Bwyd Time by Gorky's Zygotic Mynci

ffantastig 1af pwyso


Elastica by Elastica

Version with the mag and flexi - still in shrink


When I Was Born For The 7th Time by Cornershop

Yeah, this Oxfam was a little bit of a treasure trove. Also had first Tindersticks LP, some Throwing Muses/Belly records, both Echobelly albums (don't tell Kiki) and a fair bit of other 90s Britpop/indie rock, but by then I'd decided I needed to go and buy some Xmas gifts for the family...

Also picked up practically mint original presses of Hounds of Love by Kate Bush and Diamond Life by Sade in a charity shop in North Wales yesterday for a quid each.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Part 206 in the continuing vinyl adventures of Dread, or the Xmas Shopping didn't quite work out as planned edition:


Your Arsenal by Morrissey

1st UK press, immaculate from Reading's Sound Machine. Spinning behind me as I speak, forgot how good it was (probably first time I've listened to it all the way through in about 20 years)

And then from the Oxfam shop:


Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot by Sparklehorse

Original UK press, which bar a couple of marks on the front of the sleeve is in top nick


Bwyd Time by Gorky's Zygotic Mynci

ffantastig 1af pwyso


Elastica by Elastica

Version with the mag and flexi - still in shrink


When I Was Born For The 7th Time by Cornershop

Yeah, this Oxfam was a little bit of a treasure trove. Also had first Tindersticks LP, some Throwing Muses/Belly records, both Echobelly albums (don't tell Kiki) and a fair bit of other 90s Britpop/indie rock, but by then I'd decided I needed to go and buy some Xmas gifts for the family...

Also picked up practically mint original presses of Hounds of Love by Kate Bush and Diamond Life by Sade in a charity shop in North Wales yesterday for a quid each.


Great haul mate...I'm officially very jealous especially with Elastica, Gorky's and that Sparklehorse album. Bet your heart was racing when you spotted that lot in Oxfam!!!
  • Quote
Treated myself to an early Xmas present:


First Songs by Kleenex/LiLiPut

Didn't even realise this had been issued until yesterday when I listened to Ain't You and thought I'd try and track down their self-titled late 70s EP. Essentially it's the first two discs of the Kill Rock Stars box set that's going for stupid money on-line (which to cut a long story short is all their best stuff anyway). If you want it, get it whilst you can as it's selling out like hot mince pies
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

Not The Actual Events by Nine Inch Nails


The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails
  • Quote
  • Quote

Harvest Moon by Neil Young

On CD, from a new vinyl shop in Bournemouth. Must save up for some vinyl next.
  • Quote

Ultravox by Ultravox
180g red vinyl reissue, Xmas pressie ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
I got this album for Christmas today. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„



God bless you and Kenny always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote

(I'm) Stranded by The Saints

In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson

We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service by A Tribe Called Quest

I Like It When You Sleep For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It by The 1975

J.Bs christmas voucher hence stockpiling.
  • Quote
First of 3 vinyl-buying days before I become a 40-something, starting with a trip to Guildford where I picked up:


The La's by The La's

Original UK press. Even the shoddy Plain reissue goes for shedloads so to get this for a tenner was a bargain


Sex Packets by Digital Underground

In the bargain bin for ยฃ2


Ask Me No Questions by Bridget St. John

Original UK press with a different cover to this (the US version). Was loitering around the counter in Ben's when this old guy bought this in to trade. They offered him ยฃ4 despite the fact it's worth ยฃ80 mint. It was immaculate, so I slipped him ยฃ15 and took it off him. Now to sell my 4 Men With Beards version...


Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope by John Williams

In the HMV sale, gold vinyl to go with the box of Ferrero Rocher the Mrs got me

And on Xmas day from the old man:


Fever Ray by Fever Ray
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 257258259 ... 494495496  Next
Page 258 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.