|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Tap
to resume download
Profile
- #14
- Posted: 01/25/2017 09:22
|
|
that sparks one is really good. 10cc has a similar vibe too, same photographer?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Puncture Repair
- #16
- Posted: 01/25/2017 18:56
|
| Daydreamer wrote: | The Suburds Deluxe edition with the red filter is so much better than the original artwork
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge. |
hmm I dunno. I think the original captures that lush nostalgic photography from the 90s much better, which works well for an album called the suburbs. You lose a lot of that by washing red over it imo.
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady by Charles Mingus
My mind always races to this album whenever people bring up good covers. I think it's such a bastion of good design at a time where bad design was rampant, especially 'graphic design' didn't really have its own identity. It's such a contemporary design, and I'm always floored when I remember it was designed in the early 60s - the same year you have horrors like Please Please Me.
If it was released today it'd probably be nothing special, but it's so bold typographically and has a real awareness of negative space. Probably good by mistake. I should really look up the designer.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
New topic Closed
|
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
|
| Page 2 of 5 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|