Best Ever Techno/House Tournament - NOMINATIONS (CLOSED)

Goto page Previous  12345678  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Right - I'm outlawing all DJ-mixes or compilations of various artists even though they may be registered to one artist (such as Super Discount). Got to be either studio albums or one-artist compilations. Which means Immer, Disco D and DJ Funk (thankfully) are all gonners. As is the Chansey mix, as I'm listening to it now (and enjoying it, it has to be said, despite the dire mixing and it eventually making my head hurt to such an extent I had to turn it off) and there's blatantly an ESG track ("Moody") half-way through, so alas that's a no-go as well.

I've scrutinised most of the other noms and bar the above they all seem OK thus far.

Double Cup isn't classed as House or Techno by either RYM or Discogs but I'm going to let it pass given Footwork's origins and that the artist is classed as 'house' on RYM. Likewise for AM's Biosphere (artist classed as 'ambient techno'). Don't anyone else try to throw me a curveball.

To replace Super Discount I'm having:


Bump Talkin by Paul Johnson

Cellar - malheureusement you'll have to pick something else...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG


Last edited by Jimmy Dread on 03/19/2017 10:58; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Cellar - malheureusement you'll have to pick something else...


Argh tant pis !

Here's the replacement pick :


Iaora Tahiti by Mouse On Mars
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
psst


hmm I'll check that out sometime but we do already have some Basic Channel at least now. But I don't believe we have any Future Sound Of London representation, or albums that were released on VHS with full visual accompaniment. So I have to nominate


Link

Stakker - Eurotechno (I'll add to BEA later)

and on the modern side of things

https://www.discogs.com/Ancient-Methods-A-Collection-Of-Ancient-Airs/release/8553994
Ancient Methods - A Collection Of Ancient Airs (I'll also add to BEA later)


edit: that's not so easily streamable so ok final answer for last pick


Force + Form by Surgeon
  • Quote
alright two more:


Martes by Murcof

and


Colours by Circulation
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote
If there's any room left, I'll take...


Workshop 19 by Kassem Mosse


Proto Acid: The Berlin Sessions by A Guy Called Gerald
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Well played Neil ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
3 more nomination spaces left before I close this sucker...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
I would like to swap


Passed Me By / We Stay Together by Andy Stott

with


Chosen Lords by AFX

Hayden can keep the Andy nomination, if I can pick Richard.

๐Ÿ˜
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
Pas de probleme
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Traumprinz - Mothercave

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345678  Next
Page 6 of 8


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
A Journey Deep Into the Bowel of Hous... babyBlueSedan Music Diaries
CLOSED-Best Ever Novelist tournament-... Saoirse Lounge
Best Ever Guitarist Tournament - Nomi... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
Best Solo Artist Nominations - NOMINA... yourself Tournaments
CLOSED- Best New Millenial Album Tour... Happymeal Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.