Worst album covers

Goto page Previous  12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
This is a good example for the ol 'when do graphic design and art part ways?' discussion.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
Come on, y'all. This thread should be great...very, very disappointing so far. Bowie? Radiohead?












_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
Come on, y'all. This thread should be great...very, very disappointing so far. Bowie? Radiohead?







lol. that's awesome!
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Liedzeit wrote:
How can there be a serious contender after this one?


In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson


I disagree with immense passion.


I'm with Hayden, love the art on this one. My choice is the UK cover of Are You Experienced

Excellent album, but honestly, this cover art is legitimately terrible.
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:


Calling something stupid might be an opinion, but it's also an insult.


Really? Maybe this is an age issue. So, if I call the Brexit stupid, it is an insult? I do not call the people who voted for the Brexit stupid, only the decision. And you can call me stupid, by the way. I certainly would not have a problem with it. I would think it is kind of rude, but I would take it as a shortcut for "I do not agree with you". No offense taken, at all.

@Romanelli: Nice picks, but nothing really bad.
_________________
When the stewardess is near do not show any fear.
  • Quote
Liedzeit wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:


Calling something stupid might be an opinion, but it's also an insult.


Really? Maybe this is an age issue. So, if I call the Brexit stupid, it is an insult? I do not call the people who voted for the Brexit stupid, only the decision. And you can call me stupid, by the way. I certainly would not have a problem with it. I would think it is kind of rude, but I would take it as a shortcut for "I do not agree with you". No offense taken, at all.

@Romanelli: Nice picks, but nothing really bad.


Hey, at least I went outside of the overall chart...




_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! by

Megadeth


Off The Wall by Michael Jackson


The Miracle by Queen
  • Quote
Liedzeit wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:


Calling something stupid might be an opinion, but it's also an insult.


Really? Maybe this is an age issue. So, if I call the Brexit stupid, it is an insult? I do not call the people who voted for the Brexit stupid, only the decision. And you can call me stupid, by the way. I certainly would not have a problem with it. I would think it is kind of rude, but I would take it as a shortcut for "I do not agree with you". No offense taken, at all.

@Romanelli: Nice picks, but nothing really bad.


Come on man, of course 'stupid' is an insult. You're literally saying something has a lack of intelligence. I can't think of a situation where you would call something stupid and not be disrespectful in someway. And that's the definition of an insult.

Even if you call the decision of Brexit 'stupid', you're still insulting that decision. Sure, it's shortcut for not agreeing, but it's still degrading. Whether or not someone is offended doesn't change whether its a directed insult or not - if you say anything is stupid you're demeaning it.

I don't get how this is an age issue ('cus I'm a sensitive millennial, amarite?). Go around today and tell people they're stupid, of any age, and see how they react - they may not be as level headed as you are. I appreciate I'm blowing this up over a single word, but I respect the guy that designed the cover and I respect his work, so I'm going to defend it. You're free to disagree, and you're totally free to call it stupid, but I think it's crazy that you think it's a completely offenseless way of doing so.

Ben4 wrote:


Off The Wall by Michael Jackson


Oof, I love this cover.
  • Quote

Waking And Dreaming by Orleans

I've always thought this one was wayyyy super awkward.

Also (I won't post them now cause I'm at work), but the original album covers to Virgin Killer and Blind Faith are classics in the realm of "who thought that was a good idea"
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote

Lovesexy by Prince
_________________
When the stewardess is near do not show any fear.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345  Next
Page 4 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Album covers that look like other alb... Juan Schwartz Music
[ Poll ] (CLOSED) BYT 2.0 - DECIDER - WORST OF... Jimmy Dread Tournaments
Novelty album covers or album packaging bobbyb5 Music
Animated Album Covers Mr. Shankly Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.