Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 376377378 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
craola wrote:

this is the formula i use:

x^2/(7.4-x)^2=(-10y+1000)^{0.0556}

where x represents the album rating, and y is the track rating.

granted, it's a messy solution, and you have to exclude some of the numbers to produce the desired result (an album with an average track rating of 100 produces a ridiculously low album score, so you have to use common sense here), and i round these numbers up or down at the end, but i find this to be the most accurate way of assessing an album's bestereverness.


Very droll ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Quote
great scott marty, we've reached 88
  • Quote
Hey Gang!

Well my chart/project turned 24 today! Or maybe it was yesterday. I can't remember. BUT, I honestly never thought this little project/chart would get this far!! Thanks for all the support! I just found out some crazy crushing info while I'm battling a serious lung issue so would LOVE to get some BEA love & support right now. My chart has big aspirations after all & would love to make chart of the day someday. ๐Ÿ˜ But, seriously, please brighten my crazy day by leaving any positive feedback, constructive criticism, and MELLOW recs on my chart. I'd love to hear from ya!

Thanks & tons of love for the great community out there. Really love you guys!

Peace & love,
Tilly

https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=19284
  • Quote
So after a whole and hard week collecting my favorite singles of all time I could finally finish my SIngle Universe theory on rym.
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Top 100 Music Albums of 2017 by Hayden

Made it to 100 for the year ๐Ÿ˜„

2017 has been stellar. Plenty to still look forward to as well.
  • Quote
So I made an electronic chart, first time I've had a new chart in awhile. Anyways, check it out and feel free to leave recommendations, comments, love letters, veiled threats, etc.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
For those interested in improvised music (I'm mostly looking at Tap and dividesbyzero), I've created a chart for the Astral Spirits label. I think I intend to create charts for Fataka and Treader as well, to represent three of my favorite labels putting out improvised music today. Wish I could do one for Otoroku/Cafe Oto but their output is a bit overwhelming. It should be noted that the best place to keep track of improvised music today is not labels but following the personal websites, facebooks, and bandcamps of the musicians you enjoy listening to, but following labels is good for discovering new musicians as is tracking collaborations with players you already know. Thinking of doing one for Thrill Jockey as well to celebrate their 25th anniversary this year.
  • Quote
oh hey! I'll be checking that out for sure, been meaning to listen to that Jerman/Barnes album and that McPhee one is really great, this will be useful
  • Quote
Just did massive revision of the top 40 picks of my all time chart. Very tiring work, but worth it.
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
Ceviche & Empanadas by Hayden
Beef Patties & Ginger Beer by Hayden

Still working on the Jamaican chart, but it's getting there.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 376377378 ... 424425426  Next
Page 377 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Talk Talk skelter54 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Talk Talk def. Ha... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] Laughing Stock (Talk Talk) VS Neon Bi... Behrus58 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talk Talk def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.