Rank 'Em: The Beach Boys

Goto page Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 174175176  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
While this is still on my mind, I'll drop a few more recs for the heck of it.


What Color Is Love by Terry Callier


Bless The Weather by John Martyn


Out Of Different Bags by Marlena Shaw


Beat by Bowery Electric


Emergency Third Rail Power Trip by Rain Parade

Hope one of these finds you well.
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
Fantastic diary and fantastic chart! Some mellow things you might like (unless you've already heard them haha):

Stereolab - Almost every album is fantastic and mellow. A lot of good starting points but if I had to pick a mellow starting point it might be

Al Green - The king of smooth soul. For a starting point I'm partial to

The Free Design - Mellow and angelic sunshine pop. You could start with


The Best Of Free Design by The Free Design



Thanks, Baystate!!! I'm from New England myself and miss it IMMENSELY!!! The oceans, the mountains. It's really perfect. And Boston & Providence were just such great cities to live in. Amherst is very cool too but I never lived there. U ever run into Thurston Moore? lol. Or J Mascis?

Anyways, I'm a huge Patriots fan and getting super pumped (already! Just a month away) for the upcoming season! lol. I really think Bellichick wants that 18-0 to cement his legacy. Will be cool to watch. Are u a fan? Feel free to pm me if want.

Anyways, really appreciate the super kind words about my diary and the recs. Will totally check them out. I'm a huge fan of Streolab but really have never immersed myself in Dots & loops so that's perfect. Love Al Green so I'll start listening to him again too. But, I've never heard of Free Design. And that cover! Totally makes me homesick. lol. I will be back, beaches!!! The girls's cute too. ๐Ÿ˜‰


Last edited by Repo on 07/08/2017 13:19; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
While this is still on my mind, I'll drop a few more recs for the heck of it.


Emergency Third Rail Power Trip by Rain Parade

Hope one of these finds you well.


Absolutely LOVE this album!! Psyched to check out the rest of those recs as well. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
baystateoftheart wrote:
The Free Design - Mellow and angelic sunshine pop. You could start with


The Best Of Free Design by The Free Design


Amen. However given that Tilly is a fellow parent I would strongly recommend this as a starting point (just so happens to be my most favourite record of all-time and perhaps the most beautiful, life-affirming, heart-warming album I've ever heard):



Sing For Very Important People by The Free Design

Coincidentally I don't know why I've never slung this your way - another personal love from the gorgeous Welsh county of Pembrokeshire. Folky acoustic loveliness...


The Blue Trees by Gorky's Zygotic Mynci


I donโ€™t know, Jimmy. That best of album cover alone deserves a spot in my chart! ๐Ÿคฃ Ah, girlsโ€ฆ ๐Ÿฅฐ

Canโ€™t live with โ€˜em, canโ€™t live without โ€˜em which brings me coincidentally enough to โ€ฆ

PS. Love Gorky's btw, but never checked out that album. Will check it out soon. Peace!


Last edited by Repo on 07/08/2017 13:42; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Hi Tilly,

I think I think I have forgot to mention the mellowest album which is also one of my most favorite.


People Are Like Seasons by Sophia

It's got two of the most beautiful slows I know: I Left You and Swept Back.

You might know the singer Robert Proper-Sheppard, who by the way has one of the most beautiful voices I know, from your indie period: he was the singer of The God Machine.

I think about it because Sophia is performing at a Belgian music festival (Cactus) but unfortunately I can't go.
  • Quote
.
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!


Last edited by pa on 07/08/2017 13:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
Hi Tilly,

I think I think I have forgot to mention the mellowest album which is also one of my most favorite.


People Are Like Seasons by Sophia

It's got two of the most beautiful slows I know: I Left You and Swept Back.

You might know the singer Robert Proper-Sheppard, who by the way has one of the most beautiful voices I know, from your indie period: he was the singer of The God Machine.

I think about it because Sophia is performing at a Belgian music festival (Cactus) but unfortunately I can't go.


Interesting. I remember The God Machine but they never made a big impression on me for reasons I can't remember why. Will totally check this out. Thanks, Dihansse! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:


Thanks, Baystate!!! I'm from New England myself and miss it IMMENSELY!!! The oceans, the mountains. It's really perfect. And Boston & Providence were just such great cities to live in. Amherst is very cool too but I never lived there. U ever run into Thurston Moore? lol. Or J Mascis?

Anyways, I'm a huge Patriots fan and getting super pumped (already! Just a month away) for the upcoming season! lol. I really think Bellichick wants that 18-0 to cement his legacy. Will be cool to watch. Are u a fan? Feel free to pm me if want.

Anyways, really appreciate the super kind words about my diary and the recs. Will totally check them out. I'm a huge fan of Streolab but really have never immersed myself in Dots & loops so that's perfect. Love Al Green so I'll start listening to him again too. But, I've never heard of Free Design. And that cover! Totally makes me homesick. lol. I will be back, beaches!!! The girls's cute too. :wink:


Lol I haven't seen them. I go to UMass but I'll probably move somewhere else in New England once I graduate next year. You should come back if you get the chance!

I'm a casual Pats fan. Much more of a Red Sox / Celtics fan. I'll definitely watch the Super Bowl if they make it and maybe a playoff game or two.

I believe The Free Design were an influence on Stereolab - there's even a Stereolab song that I'm pretty sure is named after them.

Some of my other favorite mellow music is MPB - don't know if you've checked these out before?


Tropicรกlia: Ou Panis Et Circencis by Various Artists


Construรงรฃo by Chico Buarque


Acabou Chorare by Novos Baianos
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
Tilly wrote:


Thanks, Baystate!!! I'm from New England myself and miss it IMMENSELY!!! The oceans, the mountains. It's really perfect. And Boston & Providence were just such great cities to live in. Amherst is very cool too but I never lived there. U ever run into Thurston Moore? lol. Or J Mascis?

Anyways, I'm a huge Patriots fan and getting super pumped (already! Just a month away) for the upcoming season! lol. I really think Bellichick wants that 18-0 to cement his legacy. Will be cool to watch. Are u a fan? Feel free to pm me if want.

Anyways, really appreciate the super kind words about my diary and the recs. Will totally check them out. I'm a huge fan of Streolab but really have never immersed myself in Dots & loops so that's perfect. Love Al Green so I'll start listening to him again too. But, I've never heard of Free Design. And that cover! Totally makes me homesick. lol. I will be back, beaches!!! The girls's cute too. :wink:


Lol I haven't seen them. I go to UMass but I'll probably move somewhere else in New England once I graduate next year. You should come back if you get the chance!

I'm a casual Pats fan. Much more of a Red Sox / Celtics fan. I'll definitely watch the Super Bowl if they make it and maybe a playoff game or two.

I believe The Free Design were an influence on Stereolab - there's even a Stereolab song that I'm pretty sure is named after them.

Some of my other favorite mellow music is MPB - don't know if you've checked these out before?
]


Oh, I'd love to. Once my little girls are all grown up. I used to b a HUGE Celtics and Red sox fan. I especially loved listening to the Red Sox on the radio, but I haven't r=been able follow them since Paul Pierce left the
Celtics since I have to concentrate on my health. Following one team is enough. lol. And the Patriots were an easy choice since there's less games to obsess over and they've just ben so good over the last 15 years. I've been a fan since the 70s so the past 15 years have been like a dream.

Very cool that Free Design influenced Stereolab. I was a HUGE Sterolab fan in the 90s. Used to love catching them live. They were just really fun live.

Will totally check out the other recs. Never heard of them! Say hi to the Atlantic for me! You have no idea how much I miss its salty wonderfulness. Peace, brother!
  • Quote
The next post is...



Dedicated to my boy, NoisyBeast and his โ€œLovely Linda.โ€ You guys are the greatest! Thanks for being there for me over the past couple of months!



You guys should totally check out this movie when you get the chance! ๐Ÿ˜


Last edited by Repo on 07/10/2017 14:01; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 174175176  Next
Page 12 of 176


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED Let's Rank 23: The Beach Boys ... RepoMan Music
Rank 'Em: Ozzy Osbourne CA Dreamin Music
Beach Boys Reunite Guest Music
[ Poll ] Beach Boys Albums outside of Pet soun... newbands1 Music
[ Poll ] Which is better: The Beach Boys or Th... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.