Greatest Metal According to Gowi/LedZep/Repo/Rocky and I!

Goto page Previous  123 ... 272829 ... 149150151  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:

Tutti Morimmo A Stento by Fabrizio De Andrรฉ

Not sure how strong your Italian is Merc, but I listened to this the other day and it blew my socks off. Easily his best, haven't a clue why it isn't considered so.

Also, Val Stรถecklein's Grey Life is a pretty strong gem too (don't think it's on our database ๐Ÿค” ... which is odd, cause I'm positive I've added it at some point... I even have a song named after it).

what an awesome album cover. i'm putting this in my queue as well.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
craola wrote:
Hayden wrote:

Tutti Morimmo A Stento by Fabrizio De Andrรฉ

Not sure how strong your Italian is Merc, but I listened to this the other day and it blew my socks off. Easily his best, haven't a clue why it isn't considered so.

Also, Val Stรถecklein's Grey Life is a pretty strong gem too (don't think it's on our database ๐Ÿค” ... which is odd, cause I'm positive I've added it at some point... I even have a song named after it).

what an awesome album cover. i'm putting this in my queue as well.


What the heck. Why not? I'm in too.
  • Quote
Okay, so, I have almost finished listening to my whole queue of 1969 English singer/Songwriter-type Albums. The final total is something like 40 albums! What the fudge!!!

Now Iโ€™ve discovered some new favorites and re-discovered albums I never gave enough credit to. And the lost is solid top to bottom. Iโ€™ll post the honorable mentions then Iโ€™ll start posting 5 at a time. I may amalgamate the 2 album sets to fit more goodies and just look at the total works of the artists for that year. For example Townes may shoot from having say the #10 and #5 albums of 1969 songwriter albums, to like #4 when taking into account both his 1969 classics. Just an idea.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Iiiiiffff you wanted to add a few to that queue... ๐Ÿ˜จ


Song Of A Gypsy by Damon


Farewell Aldebaran by Judy Henske & Jerry Yester


Forest by Forest

EDIT: I had Buffy's Illuminations on here, but just noticed it's on your lists.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Iiiiiffff you wanted to add a few to that queue... ๐Ÿ˜จ


Song Of A Gypsy by Damon


Farewell Aldebaran by Judy Henske & Jerry Yester


Forest by Forest

EDIT: I had Buffy's Illuminations on here, but just noticed it's on your lists.


lol! I love it! I am listening to that damon album now and its great! Thanks for the boost of psychedelic folk into my life!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote

Christmas And The Beads Of Sweat by Laura Nyro
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:

Christmas And The Beads Of Sweat by Laura Nyro


For sure getting on this for 1970 list. 1970 is shaping up to be almost as stacked as โ€˜69, if not more so. Very excited.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:

Christmas And The Beads Of Sweat by Laura Nyro


For sure getting on this for 1970 list. 1970 is shaping up to be almost as stacked as โ€˜69, if not more so. Very excited.


Just wait till you get to 1971. You'll flip the fuck out.
  • Quote
๐Ÿคฃ

Iโ€™ve started making lists of albums for consideration and albums I need to check out finally for the next 10 or so years, and, yeah... 1970 and 71 have 50+ albums. I am loving this as a project a lot, but boy! I may have bit off more than I can chew. ๐Ÿคฃ
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
:lol:

Iโ€™ve started making lists of albums for consideration and albums I need to check out finally for the next 10 or so years, and, yeah... 1970 and 71 have 50+ albums. I am loving this as a project a lot, but boy! I may have bit off more than I can chew. :lol:


That's because you'll be getting into the Golden Age of singer-songwriter. Roughly 70 - 75. At least that was when the greatest ones came out. And it was also when the best ones were also the most popular ones. That hardly ever happens.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 272829 ... 149150151  Next
Page 28 of 151


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1970 (Rocky) ties with 201... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1980 (Norman) loses to 197... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] Q vs. Rocky Skinny Music
[ Poll ] BER Round 1: Ice T vs. A$AP Rocky [CLSD] Guest Tournaments
From the Black Mountain Hills of Dako... RockyRaccoon Music Diaries

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.