Greatest Metal According to Gowi/LedZep/Repo/Rocky and I!

Goto page Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 149150151  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
It was, no doubt, one of the very few shows I truly fame away from truly moved. It was such a cathartic show! The Pixies (and Joey Santiago particular) still have some strange intense power which blew my fucking miiiiind! .

I saw them too in the summer and they indeed rocked as hell. I especially liked No 13 Baby which wasnโ€™t originally one of my favorites but on which they extended that long guitar outro in something magnificent.

As a matter of fact and by coincidence: the Breeders are performing next Monday in my neighborhoud as well and I havenโ€™t booked a ticket yet but I think I should go. I missed Kim Deal on the Pixies concert and I havenโ€™t seen the Breeders live yet. And their new single rocks.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
I saw them too in the summer and they indeed rocked as hell. I especially liked No 13 Baby which wasnโ€™t originally one of my favorites but on which they extended that long guitar outro in something magnificent.

As a matter of fact and by coincidence: the Breeders are performing next Monday in my neighborhoud as well and I havenโ€™t booked a ticket yet but I think I should go. I missed Kim Deal on the Pixies concert and I havenโ€™t seen the Breeders live yet. And their new single rocks.


Sounds awesome! Let us know how it is. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
I saw them too in the summer and they indeed rocked as hell. I especially liked No 13 Baby which wasnโ€™t originally one of my favorites but on which they extended that long guitar outro in something magnificent.

As a matter of fact and by coincidence: the Breeders are performing next Monday in my neighborhoud as well and I havenโ€™t booked a ticket yet but I think I should go. I missed Kim Deal on the Pixies concert and I havenโ€™t seen the Breeders live yet. And their new single rocks.


Absolutely. I went in thinking it was going to be between Good to see cuz its Frank Black to the low end of "man, that was depressing". I went in with low expectations. Then they proceeded to win me over. The lack of Kim Deal was the only thing bringing it down. The Bassist was good though and she had a unique voice. So not bad. They avoided Gigantic, which is smart. No one can do that other than Deal.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Hey, you know what? This is a little bit off topic, but I think it really really deserves mention.
This band made Superstars out of more singer-songwriters than any other band ever. They had big humongous hits with the songs of these singer-songwriters that made them well known.

Randy Newman
Laura Nyro
Hoyt Axton
Harry Nilsson
Paul Williams
Elton John
Leo Sayer

So I would like to recognize:


Suitable For Framing by Three Dog Night
  • Quote
Thatโ€™s cool about Three Dog Night. Have never had any inclination to check them out. I may now.

As for this project, Iโ€™ve been checking out a lot of stuff. Found some new favorite like Corkyโ€™s Debt To His Father, Second Contribution, Emitt Rhodes, a new renewed love of Loretta Lynn, and especially Cowboy In Sweden. Sadly, this has not been nearly as resoundingly awesome as my 1969 endeavor. It may just be era/genre fatigue. But there ya go.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Hey, you know what? This is a little bit off topic, but I think it really really deserves mention.
This band made Superstars out of more singer-songwriters than any other band ever. They had big humongous hits with the songs of these singer-songwriters that made them well known.

Randy Newman
Laura Nyro
Hoyt Axton
Harry Nilsson
Paul Williams
Elton John
Leo Sayer

So I would like to recognize:


Suitable For Framing by Three Dog Night


Their greatest hits are probably all you need to hear of Three Dog Night. The big hits were pretty good, but their biggest talent was discovering new unknown songwriters. Which is an awesome skill to have I suppose.
I'm glad you like Shaun Phillips. Btw, he had 2 albums in 1970, and the other one I like a bit better. I just added a fuck-ton of Shaun Phillips albums the other day, so it's on BEA now.

Hey, you know what else you turned me on to that I'm really glad? John Phillips and Dino Valenti. I didn't know Dino Valenti was the guy who wrote the awesome song Get Together. That's because he had two names. He used one name when he was in the Youngbloods, and a different name when he wasn't. That was cool to find out.
  • Quote
This is the other Shaun Phillips that came out in 1970. And also a couple cool older 1960s ones.


Contribution by Shawn Phillips


I'm A Loner by Shawn Phillips


Shawn by Shawn Phillips
  • Quote
Here's a cool data point for you. Did you know that Mike Nesmith's mother invented White-Out?? I shit you not. Look it up. I swear to God.

The Mike Nesmith songs are on this album. There's a third one also, Some of Shelley's Blues. I don't know if any of these songs are on his own albums. You probably know.


A Retrospective by Linda Ronstadt
  • Quote
lol. That's crazy.

Asfor me on this diary, just an update

This is taking way too long and I'm really not in the mood to listen to all of the remaining albums on my list. Here are the ones I wanted to listen to at some point, but have been put pon the back burner. Some look good but boy! I just wanna hear something unique and awesome aND CLASSIC AND LATELY HAVEN'T BEEN STUMBLING ONTO ANYTHING WHICH HAS BLOWN ME AWAY.

sORRY IF ANY OF THESE ARE STONE COLD CLASSICS AND FAVORITES OF YOURS.

i JUST REALIZED I MISTAKENLY PUSHED CAPPS LOCK A FEW SENTENCES AGO AND NOW I'M JUST ROLLING WITH IT. I ASSURE YOU I AM NOT ACTUALLY shouting AT THIS TIME.

McCartney by McCartney
Tumbleweed Connection by Elton
Elton John SELF TITLED
If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
Marc Benno - Marc Benno
Loudon Wainwright III'S DEBUT
Writer - Carole King
Hoover by Hoover
Leon Russell debut


and even with those cuts I still have 14 more albums to check out. Have a list of 49 I've listened to or listenend to newly and ranked. ahhhhhhh!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Okay, first things first here are the albums I either somewhat liked or didn't like in this long project of listening to 1970 singer/songwriter albums:


I honestly pretty much like these and maybe am underrating:

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison 7.9/10
Someday Man - Paul Williams 7.9/10
New Morning by Bob Dylan 7.8/10
Pass The Distance - Simon Finn 7.7/10
Barrett - Syd Barrett 7.7/10
Fully Qualified Survivor - Michael Chapman 7.6/10
Stephen Stills by Stephen Stills 7.7/10
John Phillips (The Wolfking of LA) by John Phillips 7.5/10
I Witness Life - Tom T. Hall 7.4/10

-----------------------------------

These r ok:

The Man Who Sold The World by David Bowie7.4/10
Primordial Lovers - Essra Mohawk 7.2/10
Christmas and the Beads of Sweat 7.1/10

----------------------------------

me not likey:

Woodsmoke and Oranges - Paul Siebel 6.7/10
Lie: The Love and Terror Cult - Charles Manson 6.6/10
Songs For an Uncertain Lady by Randy Burns 6.4/10
Sweet Baby James - James Taylor 6.1/10
Here in the Land of Victory - Rex Holman 5.9/10
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 149150151  Next
Page 33 of 151


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1970 (Rocky) ties with 201... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1980 (Norman) loses to 197... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] Q vs. Rocky Skinny Music
[ Poll ] BER Round 1: Ice T vs. A$AP Rocky [CLSD] Guest Tournaments
From the Black Mountain Hills of Dako... RockyRaccoon Music Diaries

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.