Can you explain better how using the two has its benefits? I just use BEA, I always thought I was too similar to RYM to register on both :-k
Alright. These are my thoughts on that matter:
A larger, more active community. This means the site is less intimate but otherwise brings more consistent discussions and points of view. On the downside, this makes it a breeding ground for jokesters, snobs, and trolls.
More intuitive chart system that you can organize by year, genre, and other metrics. This allows for you to filter through sitewide favorites (or esoteric gems) โ whilst BEA will have a tag feature in the future, RYMโs larger rating community allows for a greater depth. Most of my records are found through keeping up with these charts.
A diverse community that isnโt limited to a small handful of niches. This makes the charts more broad; incorporating favorites as heavily as from rockist classics and alternative favorites as well as hip hop, jazz, soul, folk, experimental, country, electronica, and more. RYM has a more widespread โcoreโ and it excels due to this fact.
A More intuitive user interface that makes it easy to track your collection.
By using both BEA, RYM, and other metric sites you narrow down the limitations you have by being exclusive to one or the other. You get BEAโs decidedly different charts and community, RYMโs vast network of discographies and recommendations that can be essentially tailored to your interests, and two different communities that operate on different thought processes. Generally, while it can be exhausting multimanaging as a music fan the pros outweigh the cons in that you have more music options and knowledge that is accessible to you.
Moved: 01/06/2018 12:00 by albummaster From Music to Lounge
This is interesting. I'm not very familiar with RYM . What do you mean?
I think I may have meant something different than what gowi said. I meant that BEA ranks albums based upon scores on lists while RYM's overall ranking system is directly correlated to average rating as well as number of ratings so ratings have a direct impact on the overall ranking of albums while albums here are ranked primarily by points on lists. The importance is no longer on ratings therefore ratings will less likely be done.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum