What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 106381063910640 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:

Second Helping by Lynyrd Skynyrd


You think you can get everything out of an album in just a few listens?

I just heard this. I've been listening to this album since the day it came out in 1974. I seriously just heard this come from my speakers for the first time today (quoted from the Sweet Home Alabama Wikipedia page):

"There is a semi-hidden vocal line in the second verse after the line "Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about her". In the left channel, you can hear the phrase "Southern Man" being sung lightly (approximately at 0:55). This was producer Al Kooper doing a Neil Young impression and was just another instance of the band members amusing themselves in the studio while being recorded. According to Leon Wilkeson, it was Kooper's idea to continue and echo the lines from "Southern Man" after each of Van Zant's lines. "Better...keep your head"..."Don't forget what your / good book says", etc. But Van Zant insisted that Kooper remove it, not wanting to plagiarize or upset Young. Kooper left the one line barely audible in the left channel."

:shock:


That is wild!!!
  • Quote

Bubblegum Perfume by Felt
  • Quote

Together Alone by Alex Hepburn
  • Quote

Thin Black Duke by Oxbow

Wouldn't have even known about this album but for The Needle Drop.
Wonderfully Moody, Dark and Strange.
Fans of Spiderland would like this.
As I do.
_________________
There is a global map to find out where BEA members are ...
Put yourself on the map: Click here
(Go to Additions ... then Add Marker.)
  • Quote
mozzmozz wrote:

Thin Black Duke by Oxbow

Wouldn't have even known about this album but for The Needle Drop.
Wonderfully Moody, Dark and Strange.
Fans of Spiderland would like this.
As I do.

I've been listening to Oxbow for years, I've always found their brand of experimental noise rock really enjoyable!
  • Quote

Criminal Minded by Boogie Down Productions
  • Quote

Hildegard Von Bingen: Canticles Of Ecstasy by Sequentia

Beautiful.
  • Quote

At Mister Kelly's by Sarah Vaughan
#1001ALBUMS
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
  • Quote

Let Go by Nada Surf

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 106381063910640 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 10639 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.