You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 129130131 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
oh god elp... oh god 2 hours of elp...

here goes nothing

damn this thread ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
From Tha1ChiefRocka:


Contours by Sam Rivers

I liked this quite a bit. You can't really go wrong with Freddie Hubbard and Herbie Hancock on board. This album was a nice midpoint between following established structures and branching out into less constrained playing. "Euterpe" was a little subdued for my taste, but I greatly enjoyed the other three tracks.

~~~~~

For jdenny2018:

I see you like Pet Sounds and progressive rock. So I think you should check out The Beach Boys' foray into progressive pop. Most versions are longer on streaming, but the proper album is the first nineteen tracks, ending with "Good Vibrations."


The Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Just listened to:


The Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys

God I need to listen to more Beach Boys. I haven't looked at much outside of Pet Sounds because I was always annoyed by their big hits and how they all sounded relatively the same. Well, I absolutely loved this album. The complex arrangements with their glorious harmonies gave me chills at times and kept me spellbound throughout. I just wish this album came out as they intended way back after Pet Sounds, so it could've received the recognition it deserves. Although I must say I still prefer the original 'Good Vibrations' to the version found on the Smile Sessions.


My recommendation is:


Milestones by Miles Davis

I noticed you had some electric Miles Davis in your list, but no early stuff. Or any 1950s albums for that matter. So, here's a masterpiece from 1958 you should enjoy. It's a great hard bop album that foreshadows his modal period and is my 2nd favorite Miles album.
_________________
Don't get work up over my posts. I'm an idiot.
Rantings on my Top 100
My podcast


Last edited by jdenny2018 on 10/12/2018 17:13; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote

Joonya Spirit by Jaala

This was alright. It's creative enough musically to keep my attention, but her voice gets dangerously close to Joanna Newsom at points, which is a strike for me. Won't go into my chart, but I have some friends that would probably like this more than me.

Jdenny here's an album for you.


Demian by Demian
  • Quote
Damn this looks like so much fun. Want to join this but don't know where to start. Maybe someone could help me with this? (But aren't you a mainstay?) Yes but...
  • Quote
You listen to whatever album someone recommends after your post. For instance, I recommend you listen to:


#1 Record by Big Star

Now, you have to listen to this album, give a review in a subsequent post, and then recommend an album for someone else to listen to. Hope this helps!
_________________
Don't get work up over my posts. I'm an idiot.
Rantings on my Top 100
My podcast
  • Quote
jdenny2018 wrote:
You listen to whatever album someone recommends after your post. For instance, I recommend you listen to:


#1 Record by Big Star

Now, you have to listen to this album, give a review in a subsequent post, and then recommend an album for someone else to listen to. Hope this helps!


Ok no problem.
  • Quote
jdenny2018 wrote:
You listen to whatever album someone recommends after your post. For instance, I recommend you listen to:


#1 Record by Big Star

Now, you have to listen to this album, give a review in a subsequent post, and then recommend an album for someone else to listen to. Hope this helps!


So I finished this and have to say this is great. A varied rock album to add to my listening for the 70's. Hell needed more from 72. Though the few things that keep me from rating it higher is that it isn't as ambitious compared to other rock albums I have heard as well as the outro just ends abruptly. Still enjoyable.

Now for jdenny2018, Here is what I consider one of my personal favorite albums ever. Hell when I get 1000 albums under my belt, this will probably be my #1.

  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
jdenny2018 wrote:
You listen to whatever album someone recommends after your post. For instance, I recommend you listen to:


#1 Record by Big Star

Now, you have to listen to this album, give a review in a subsequent post, and then recommend an album for someone else to listen to. Hope this helps!


So I finished this and have to say this is great. A varied rock album to add to my listening for the 70's. Hell needed more from 72. Though the few things that keep me from rating it higher is that it isn't as ambitious compared to other rock albums I have heard as well as the outro just ends abruptly. Still enjoyable.

Now for jdenny2018, Here is what I consider one of my personal favorite albums ever. Hell when I get 1000 albums under my belt, this will probably be my #1.



He's already got an album from me to listen to, so your rec will go to me. I already listened to Caracal when we did your list a while ago, so give me something else, man.
  • Quote

Underground Babylon by Catholic Discipline

More of a curiosity than an album this a collection of live recordings from a band in the LA punk scene of 79-80 who never released an album as far as I can tell. Not something I would recommend to anyone unless you are interested in that time and place of music. I love live music so first off the lo fi live recordings don't bother me...in fact they help the atmosphere and in this case it's like I'm at a gig watching the first support band for an act who have only just stopped being a support band themselves and have their first headline gig. So it's rough, raw, and amateurish and at first doesn't really sound that good...but there is actually some really cool ideas in here that show a potential with time. There's some variety and It's a bit different to what else was around then, taking a bit of a slower rock approach, with some almost hypnotic rhythms at times, and use of synths etc. A case of what could have been? So short version - interesting rec, it was an okay curiosity.

My recommendation for Luigi.


Animal by Big Scary

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 129130131 ... 197198199  Next
Page 130 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.