Looks very '86 that photo. Could almost be Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Cinderella from that time. I guess '86-'87 was peak hair metal. I'm not really a fan of most of this era, though a couple of the big hair metal bands did have good early albums that I'm a fan of. Whether they are classed as hair metal, I don't know.
High 'n' Dry by Def Leppard Too Fast For Love by Mรถtley Crรผe
Thanks everyone for your input to this thread, and particularly Rocky for your top 100 (I think I listened to all of them). Iโve enjoyed my tour through Hair Metal, ironically at an age when Iโm losing my hair.
Iโve come up with a chronological list of 30 albums that I like from the era, and there are many isolated songs that I appreciate. Itโs probably fair to say that hair metal isnโt my thing, as I donโt really like Motley Crรผe and only truly like one Guns โnโ Roses song.
If anyone is interested, here is my list. I still like Van Halen, have an increased admiration and genuine like for Dokken and Stryper, a new found appreciation of Mr. Big, and concede reluctantly that Def Leppard and Whitesnake are really pretty great, maybe not in spite of their kitsch factor, but because of it.
The guitarists of the era were really pretty amazing.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum