2019 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 4849, 505152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Somebody's Knocking by Mark Lanegan Band

Been listening to this new Lanegan for a week and half now, pretty good goth record. Much more electronic instrumentation and Sisters of Mercy type stuff than on his last one, Garagoyle (which i am a big fan of). Also seen him live yesterday, he still has one of the best voices in music. A solid listen if that's your style
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
Some worthwhile November gems:


Mam Yinne Wa by Alogte Oho And His Sounds Of Joy

Super accessible, fun, fresh, and overall surprisingly strong record from Ghana. Haven't a clue how to describe the genre... it dabbles between highlife, reggae, and maybe... funk? First track's unlike anything I've ever heard. Hoping people give it a spin.


11th Street, Sekondi by Gyedu-Blay Ambolley

Speaking of Ghana, perfectly respectable record from Ambolley.


DaBa by Sabiwa

Aight, so this is being thrown under the bus everywhere I look, but it's stellar. Some insanely detailed production to the point I'm not even sure how they did a handful of things. Mix is a smidge quiet, so maybe turn it up, but it's a work not to be missed for those seeking something a little left field.


Sekuru's Stories by Sekuru Tute Chigamba

Kind of a comp, but it's mbira music at its best.


Ritme Jaavdanegi by Mohammad Reza Mortazavi

100% hand-drumming. Not an insane or complex work by any means, but it's very human. Busking-esque.


Shlon by ุนู…ุฑ ุณู„ูŠู…ุงู† [Omar Souleyman]

Wedding king Souleyman back at it.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote

Slow And Heavy by Diplodocus
Aight, this one's from August, but it's a bandcamp gem. Dino Synth is obviously a thing now, and I'm glad it is, sounds majestic
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote

WWCD by Griselda

It's here ๐Ÿ‘
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:

Slow And Heavy by Diplodocus
Aight, this one's from August, but it's a bandcamp gem. Dino Synth is obviously a thing now, and I'm glad it is, sounds majestic


I enjoyed that quite a bit. Thanks for posting.
  • Quote

Come On Up To The House - Women Sing Waits by Various Artists
  • Quote
Fischman wrote:
LedZep wrote:

Slow And Heavy by Diplodocus
Aight, this one's from August, but it's a bandcamp gem. Dino Synth is obviously a thing now, and I'm glad it is, sounds majestic


I enjoyed that quite a bit. Thanks for posting.
Glad you like it, it's pretty cool, short and sweet. And also dinosaurs.


Death Atlas by Cattle Decapitation
This one blew me away. Epic choruses, incredibly brutal songs, progressive elements are much more prominent than on their other albums. There's some space rock influences in the interludes as well. Catchy too. If you don't mind all kinds of harsh vocals, don't miss out on this one.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
travelful wrote:

WWCD by Griselda

It's here =D>


Listened to it yesterday. Just made me wish I'd put on Cuban Linx instead. I really like the Griselda crew, but this one felt so heavily Rae-influenced that I struggled. I was probably in the wrong mood.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
https://thequietus.com/articles/27504-quietus-albums-of-the-year-2019-norman-records
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
CryingGameDahlin wrote:
Norman Bates wrote:
There's a new Bonnie "Prince" Billy if anybody's still interested. It's called I Made a Place and I haven't listened to it yet.

Thanks again for all the cool recs.



As tu entendu le nouvel LP de Joe Henry?


Mais non! Je me rue dessus. Mille mercis!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 4849, 505152  Next
Page 49 of 52


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] (Closed)2015-2019 Play-in: Susanne Su... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 2: Radiohead... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
2019 live shows DanielNunes93 Music
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 1: Purple Mo... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 4: Kendrick ... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.