2020 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 565758  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
New Tswizzle tonight. Credits on it actually sounds kinda interesting. Lots of co-writing by Aaron Dessner (The National) and Bon Iver. Cover's neat too.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote

_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
Just listened through folklore. I've never been much of a Taylor Swift fan, and typically I think she's at her best with her radio-pop songs like Shake It Off. I really appreciate Aaron Dessner's work on the album, particularly his arrangements and production, but I don't think Swift's songwriting abilities keep up with her collaborators. I found her lyrics and melodies pretty uninteresting. Even the great collaboration with Justin Vernon feels a bit recycled and tedious with the harmonic structure. I wish that she trimmed the album by at least 6 tracks, it's too long and a lot of the middle is pretty weak in my opinion. I do like "peace" quite a bit though, easily the strongest on the album.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
New Tswizzle tonight. Credits on it actually sounds kinda interesting. Lots of co-writing by Aaron Dessner (The National) and Bon Iver. Cover's neat too.


Yeah, Dresser worked on 11 of the tracks so is all over this. Swift is canny collaborator indeed- it's an inspired colaboration, sounding very Swift and also a lot like The National. But fresh too.

My early impression is very good. It's Swift's first album to get rave reviews too. I agree- but then I think she is often critically underrated so not sure how I compare this to her other work yet.
  • Quote
ledaero wrote:
J I wish that she trimmed the album by at least 6 tracks, it's too long


Yeah, there is that though. A bit too long again Taylor!
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:


'Fuck you forever' โ€” Taylor Swift


Wild.

Nearly done a first listen.


EDIT: If she had just cut My Tears Ricochet and This Is Me Trying, this would be a really solid record. Good on her. There's at least 5 strong tracks here that are way above her usual standard. Needed to be a bit tighter as a whole, but it's definitely a decent album.


Last edited by Hayden on 07/26/2020 05:13; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote

Dias Raros by Melenas

Really like this one...Definetely getting an early Stereolab Vibe
  • Quote
Step aside TS, new Jessy Lanza's here! And it's one of my faves of the year, easily. If you liked her previous work, you'll love this too.


All The Time by Jessy Lanza
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
LittleM1971 wrote:

Dias Raros by Melenas

Really like this one...Definetely getting an early Stereolab Vibe

quite lovely, innit?
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
There's at least 5 strong tracks here that are way above her usual standard.


Am I the only one noticing August?

People are talking about Betty, Peace, etc... and, well, the album in general, but August is an insanely strong track (Tswift or not). It sounds like something straight out of Sarah Records, or a Cocteau Twins track, or maybe even Mazzy Star. Like, it's really good. I'm legit impressed with this record in general, but that track might even be one of my favourites of the year.

I still wish the record was considerably more lo-fi, and there's still some slack to cut, but it's still hitting way above my expectations.


Anyway speaking of very goodโ€”


As God Intended by Apollo Brown & Che Noir

This is probably one of the best hip-hop albums of the year in a year with a lot of good hip-hop. Apollo Brown's been a fav of mine since Dreams, but I don't think he's struck such a strong collaboration before. This isn't one to miss.
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 565758  Next
Page 33 of 58


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
2020 albums rising more slowly on ove... hwex9000 Suggestions
2020's albums migl Suggestions
2020 Albums JOSweetHeart Music
December 2020 Top 100 On BEA Leak Kiki Music
Exclaim! 2020 list entered twice? hwex9000 Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.