Rank 'Em: The Beach Boys

Goto page Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 174175176  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
If Chrome counts I have a bunch of other suggestions that are closer to the punk school than the traditional hard rock school, lol.
  • Quote
Anyway I did forget about this release:


Link
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:


I guess that's it. Don't know if Chrome counts, but I feel it does.


Gowi wrote:
If Chrome counts I have a bunch of other suggestions that are closer to the punk school than the traditional hard rock school, lol.


I LOVE Chrome!!! Psyched to see what u got! ๐Ÿ˜


Last edited by Repo on 11/02/2020 02:12; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Wow, that was a quick pivot away from pop... ๐Ÿคฃ
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
Wow, that was a quick pivot away from pop... :lol:


But it gave me cause to listen to The Only Ones (Another Girl Another Planet is a classic) so it was cool while it lasted ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
Wow, that was a quick pivot away from pop... :lol:

78 pop -> 79 metal -> 80 ???

I love the anticipation ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
The Melting Pop


Fool Around by Rachel Sweet

She could do it all. 60s girl group. New Wave. Country Pop. Even Pop Punk. If she arrived today, she would immediately be regarded as a major talent. She had spunk and verve in spades. And a cracking backing band - Graham Parker's The Rumor - adding just the right tasteful touches on each and every song. But this was way before the poptimism revolt. So it kind of fell through the cracks. It's ripe for reconsideration (I will not be surprised in the slightest to wake up some Sunday morning to find this album featured in Pitchfork's Sunday Reviews.) I can see both Baystate and Gowi finding loads & loads to love here.

Recommended. (R)


Link



Link


1978 Pop (so far)
1. The Only Ones - s/t
2. Naang Naang - Leโ€™ Ywei Sin Tei Mya
3. Rachel Sweet - Fool Around
  • Quote
That is the whitest cover of B-A-B-Y I've ever heard. ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
That is the whitest cover of B-A-B-Y I've ever heard. ๐Ÿคฃ


Repo wrote:
The Melting Pop


Fool Around by Rachel Sweet

She could do it all. 60s girl group. New Wave. Country Pop. Even Pop Punk. If she arrived today, she would immediately be regarded as a major talent. She had spunk and verve in spades. And a cracking backing band - Graham Parker's The Rumor - adding just the right tasteful touches on each and every song. But this was way before the poptimism revolt. So it kind of fell through the cracks. It's ripe for reconsideration (I will not be surprised in the slightest to wake up some Sunday morning to find this album featured in Pitchfork's Sunday Reviews.) I can see both Baystate and Gowi finding loads & loads to love here.

Recommended. (R)



Ok. Strike that. Baystate! I'm counting on you! ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
Jokes aside, I did listen to the record and it has a nice, warm production and solid post-brill building pop album even though I feel like it sounds a bit out of its time by like six years with its release in 1978.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 174175176  Next
Page 83 of 176


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED Let's Rank 23: The Beach Boys ... RepoMan Music
Rank 'Em: Ozzy Osbourne CA Dreamin Music
[ Poll ] Beach Boys Albums outside of Pet soun... newbands1 Music
[ Poll ] Which is better: The Beach Boys or Th... Guest Music
Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys Johnnyo Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.