2023 End Of Year Lists PARTY!!! <Building 2023 Charts>

Goto page Previous  123 ... 8910, 111213  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
I know we're not in February yet here, but good lord this new Hellripper album rips. Repo will appreciate it for sure, very epic and old school (with a twist) speed/black metal.


Warlocks Grim & Withered Hags by Hellripper


Looks awesome! ๐Ÿ˜ I'll check it out tonight when I get home from tai chi!

Lately, I've been starting my day with this record I stole from your 2023 chart, Zep...


ๆฃฒๅฑ…ๅœจๆบชๆบไน‹ไธŠ [Seeking The Sources Of Streams] by Cicada (TW)

How'd you discover this little gem?! It goes perfect with my morning coffee! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Week Four '23


Let's Start Here by Lil Yachty

My Faves (ranked of sorts) for the week...

1. Lil' Yachty - Let's Start Here ( Neo-Psych)
2. Trastorned - Into The Void ( Thrash )
3. Oozing wounds - We Cater To Cowards ( Noise Rock)
4. The Drin - Today My Friend You Drunk The Venom (Post-Punk)
5. Complete Mountain Almanac - s/t (Folk)
6. White Reaper - Asking For A Ride (punk POP!)
7. Meg Baird - Furling (Psychedelic Folk)

What was YOUR favorite release(s) from the week of Jan 27th?!


Link
  • Quote
For me the favorites for this week were:
1. Food For Worms by Shame: much better than expected and certainly not only postpunk
2. Hypnogogue by The Church: relatively mellow but very good return by this great Australian band.
3. Principia by En Attendant Ana: very good indie by this French band
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
For me the favorites for this week were:
1. Food For Worms by Shame: much better than expected and certainly not only postpunk
2. Hypnogogue by The Church: relatively mellow but very good return by this great Australian band.
3. Principia by En Attendant Ana: very good indie by this French band


Nice! I need to check out all three still. I heard one track from Principia back in January and was super impressed. So I'll definitely throw that on later.

What did u think of the new Yo La Tengo album?!


This Stupid World by Yo La Tengo

I think it's good. But not very memorable thus far. Reminds me of their classics from the 90s. BUT, I'm total stan for ALL the stuff they've released including their stuff from 2010s!

Plus, I'd LOVE to get your take on ....


Today My Friend You Drunk The Venom by The Drin

I think it's great! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
I think the new YLT is good and certainly better than their previous few albums; but I do agree with you that it canโ€™t match their best albums but Iโ€™ll certainly need a few more listens and maybe Iโ€™ll go to their concert in May in Belgium; Iโ€™ve seen them a few times already and their concerts were always great.

So Built To Spill already booked, YLT and Civic (one of my favorite newer bands) maybe, and also Wilco coming up at a festival.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
I think the new YLT is good and certainly better than their previous few albums; but I do agree with you that it canโ€™t match their best albums but Iโ€™ll certainly need a few more listens and maybe Iโ€™ll go to their concert in May in Belgium; Iโ€™ve seen them a few times already and their concerts were always great.

So Built To Spill already booked, YLT and Civic (one of my favorite newer bands) maybe, and also Wilco coming up at a festival.


Nice! Let us know how it goes! ๐Ÿ˜

Meanwhile, I still gotta check Civic out!

I gave that Shame album a few spins last night but haven't come close to digesting it yet. I'm going to spend a bit of time delving through The Church's back-catalog too. They're a band I always wanted to check out more of. I didn't really appreciate them back in the late 80s like a lot of my friends did.
  • Quote
Repo wrote:
dihansse wrote:
I think the new YLT is good and certainly better than their previous few albums; but I do agree with you that it canโ€™t match their best albums but Iโ€™ll certainly need a few more listens and maybe Iโ€™ll go to their concert in May in Belgium; Iโ€™ve seen them a few times already and their concerts were always great.

So Built To Spill already booked, YLT and Civic (one of my favorite newer bands) maybe, and also Wilco coming up at a festival.


Nice! Let us know how it goes! ๐Ÿ˜

Meanwhile, I still gotta check Civic out!

I gave that Shame album a few spins last night but haven't come close to digesting it yet. I'm going to spend a bit of time delving through The Church's back-catalog too. They're a band I always wanted to check out more of. I didn't really appreciate them back in the late 80s like a lot of my friends did.



Taken By Force by Civic

Holy shit! Just threw this on and the most striking thing to me is the MASSIVE Radio Birdman influence on these guys! Fuck yeah! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
  • Quote
Their first:

Future Forecast by Civic
Is even better
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
Their first:

Future Forecast by Civic
Is even better


On it! I was off to see my Tilly play some basketball, and I stumbled up this...


Link


No I'm off for reals! lol. \m/
  • Quote
Repo wrote:
What was YOUR favorite release(s) from the week of Jan 27th?!

So far, the only ones of note for me have been


As In Gardens, So In Tombs by ...And Oceans


Link


and


Phoenix by Lakecia Benjamin


Link

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 8910, 111213  Next
Page 9 of 13


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Year Change Notices baystateoftheart Music
2017 End Of Year Lists (post them) rkm Music
2014 end of year lists 19loveless91 Music
2015 End of the Year Lists danfaitz Music
2013 end of year lists thread GeevyDallas Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.