I've had issues with the search since the beginning, where it seems to have trouble finding artists/albums even when the name is 100% correct. This is especially true for copy-paste but I was usually able to remediate these by a few backspaces and re-typing.
However, I've noticed that the search is even more difficult with a different alphabet. Can anything be done to improve this? I'm talking about the main search bar at the top right as well as the album and artist searches when working on a list. The languages I'm currently having issues with are Ukrainian and Russian but it likely affects the others.
Hi Larcx13, apologies for the issue performing searches for items in non-Latin alphabets, and search performance in general is an ongoing problem which hasn't quite been solved yet. A workaround is to search for the transliterated Latin text which is usually put in square brackets after the native spelling. The site is investigating adding the capability to perform searches in other alphabets (also a problem for Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese etc). Doing our best in the background to keep the site running with limited resources.
If I search for an artist with an ampersand in their name, the search results now stop updating after the &. _________________ Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum