BEA Album Of The Year (UNOFFICIAL)

Goto page Previous  1234567
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Is The Album Of The Year?
Fleet Foxes:
7%
 7%  [3]
Radiohead:
21%
 21%  [8]
Bon Iver:
10%
 10%  [4]
PJ:
23%
 23%  [9]
James Blake:
10%
 10%  [4]
Beach Boys (does this count??):
26%
 26%  [10]
Total Votes : 38

  • Quote
Manchester Orchestra- Simple Math is the best album of 2011.
  • Quote
Charicature wrote:
I just listened to Bon Iver yesterday - I like their sound mostly, though admittedly they tend to fall into the realm of ambient background music. Also there were several non-album tracks included with the album on Grooveshark - their cover of I Can't Make You Love Me (which I think was a Bonnie Raitt hit in the early 90s, if I remember right) is atrocious. And mind you I didn't like the original, but their cover sounds like they wanted to be Bonnie Raitt. Bad karaoke. However, the next non-album track (I think Come Talk To Me) was phenomenal.

I'm trying to listen to the top 10 of Paste's top 50 for the year. I'm not impressed by the titles, but we'll see. Anyone else got some respected media top 10 lists for 2011 that they can link me to?


http://www.metacritic.com/feature/music-critic-top-ten-lists-best-albums-of-2011

I always love looking at this at the end of the year ^ and they update it almost daily.

Out of the nominees we have in this poll definitely Bon Iver (actually maybe my choice anyway) but I think it'll be super gross if Let England Shake becomes the most critically acclaimed of the year.
  • Quote
Treefight for Sunlight - Treefight for Sunlight is the best album of 2011.

I am abstaining from the vote because I am not a big fan of any on the list! ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Quote
nrs182 wrote:
I expected more form the last Black Keys, but still it rocks, I think it will grow on me and will end up in my 2011 list. Some songs are extremely rad.
I still can get into Strange Mercy dammit and I want to! "Cruel" is such a kick ass song, i'm considering to put it on my #1 instead of "somebody that i used to know" :-k


El Camino has been very good
  • Quote
jbarajas wrote:
nrs182 wrote:
I expected more form the last Black Keys, but still it rocks, I think it will grow on me and will end up in my 2011 list. Some songs are extremely rad.
I still can get into Strange Mercy dammit and I want to! "Cruel" is such a kick ass song, i'm considering to put it on my #1 instead of "somebody that i used to know" :-k


El Camino has been very good


Yeah, i liked it a lot and I think it will grow further in me, still I think I exagerated with my expectations, I really thought it was going to blow my mind.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567
Page 7 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Year Change Notices baystateoftheart Music
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Unofficial Anchorman 2 Hype Thread ShaneSpear Lounge
Unofficial Discord Server mickilennial Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.