The same album title but a different artist

Goto page Previous  12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
II wrote:
There are many album titles with just my name on them:


I dunno. Maybe next time you could just post a list instead of killing everyone with THIRTY ALBUM COVERS AT ONCE?
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Let It Be (1970) by The Beatles


Let It Be (1984) by The Replacements

Two classics....
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
I dunno. Maybe next time you could just post a list instead of killing everyone with THIRTY ALBUM COVERS AT ONCE?
Good idea, actually! ๐Ÿ˜„

For instance, there are three albums on BEA entitled "Nausea," although none of their album covers feature actual nausea. So by listing them as text only, without the covers, upsettable readers can imagine that the covers are really gross and disgusting as long as they don't click the links.

Nausea (1985) by Executive Slacks
Nausea (2014) by Moodie Black
Nausea (2014) by Craft Spells

There are also at least five albums entitled "Sex," but none of the album covers contain imagery that involves sexual activity. But you wouldn't know that for certain unless you either trusted me implicitly (bad idea) or clicked the links yourself.

Sex (1970) by Sex
Sex (1989) by The Necks
Sex (1981) by Telex
Sex (1996) by Visacรญ Zรกmek
Sex (2016) by King Dude
  • Quote
MadhattanJack wrote:
"Native Sons" has four:


Native Sons (2021) by Los Lobos


Native Sons (1987) by Strangeways


Native Sons (1984) by The Long Ryders


Native Sons (1982) by Bill Miller

BEA doesn't show any bands called "Native Sons"... there are a two or three on Discogs, but it looks like only this one has released a self-titled LP. (Two of them, actually.)


Great call. I own two of these, Los Lobos & The Long Ryders.
  • Quote
imacgill wrote:

Let It Be (1970) by The Beatles


Let It Be (1984) by The Replacements

Two classics....


Indeed. I had these on my radar and you beat me to it. I'm doing a little write up with each post so might well do one shortly on these two.

Both very good albums
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
I think that another good "face off" would be


Cloud Nine (1969) by The Temptations

&


Cloud Nine (1987) by George Harrison

Totally different albums but both with merit. Going to give this one some thought and write something up


This was a late 60's Temptations album and was the first album to feature Dennis Edwards, and this is the start of my favourite era for the band.

The first of their Psychedelic soul period, this is a classic soul album. Side one is stellar with the title track, a very good version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine, and the wonderful Run Away Child, Running Wild, one of my favourite Temptations tracks.

Side Two isn't quite as good as side one but still had the Carole King song, Hey Girl, which is very good. All in all, a great album

The George Harrison album was his comeback album after having not released an album for five years. I think that this might have been the first time that Harrison worked with Jeff Lynne (who produced the album). There was also contributions from Ringo, Elton, Eric (only first names needed) and Jim Keltner. A stellar line-up.

It's not George's best work but it is a decent album with some good tracks i.e. Got My Mind Set On You and When We Was Fab.

Comparing the two is unfair but if I had to, The Temptations win hands down
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
imacgill wrote:

Let It Be (1970) by The Beatles


Let It Be (1984) by The Replacements

Two classics....


Indeed. I had these on my radar and you beat me to it. I'm doing a little write up with each post so might well do one shortly on these two.

Both very good albums

fwiw, only duplicate title on the site where both albums are in the top 1,000
  • Quote
albummaster wrote:
Johnnyo wrote:
imacgill wrote:

Let It Be (1970) by The Beatles


Let It Be (1984) by The Replacements

Two classics....


Indeed. I had these on my radar and you beat me to it. I'm doing a little write up with each post so might well do one shortly on these two.

Both very good albums

fwiw, only duplicate title on the site where both albums are in the top 1,000


Really. Not too surprising. Both great albums.
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
albummaster wrote:
Johnnyo wrote:
imacgill wrote:

Let It Be (1970) by The Beatles


Let It Be (1984) by The Replacements

Two classics....


Indeed. I had these on my radar and you beat me to it. I'm doing a little write up with each post so might well do one shortly on these two.

Both very good albums

fwiw, only duplicate title on the site where both albums are in the top 1,000


Really. Not too surprising. Both great albums.


Just checked this out and even more freaky is that they are ranked 212 & 213 in the overall list. How freaky is that.
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
Just checked this out and even more freaky is that they are ranked 212 & 213 in the overall list. How freaky is that.


It would be even freakier if Words Of Wisdom by Three Oh Go ended up at #211... ๐Ÿ˜จ

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345  Next
Page 2 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Different artists - same song title Shadow23 Music
Distinguishing-Same name artists-same... GBrady Suggestions
[ Poll ] Different names for different bands Guest Music
...album is included...but the album ... GlennJolson Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.