I hadn't been in quite a few years and last year it was cancelled. It was back this year and a group of us, all CFF veterans, decided to go.
Much leaner than usual, and less crowded and a great weekend.
I'm going to post my highlights on what I saw over the next few days
Next up, and my first visit to Stage 2, was Katacombs, not a band but an individual.
Not sure of her real name but she was rather good. Nice voice accompanied by her acoustic guitar. Quintennial CFF
UK based US artist with Spanish and Greek parents she drew on all of these influences in her original material. Was joined on stage for one song by Frank Turner, which was nice
I hadn't been in quite a few years and last year it was cancelled. It was back this year and a group of us, all CFF veterans, decided to go.
Much leaner than usual, and less crowded and a great weekend.
I'm going to post my highlights on what I saw over the next few days
Back to Stage One for Songs Of Joni Mitchell, Kate Stables (This Is The Kit) Jesca Hoop (formerly of Goat Girl) and Lail Arad, playing, you've guessed it, songs of Joni Mitchell
Interesting concept andf i really rather enjoyed this. It didn't always work but it worked enough for it to be a good gig
I hadn't been in quite a few years and last year it was cancelled. It was back this year and a group of us, all CFF veterans, decided to go.
Much leaner than usual, and less crowded and a great weekend.
I'm going to post my highlights on what I saw over the next few days
Next up, on Stage One were Skinny Lister a folk punk band and they were Ok but to be honest, nothing to write home about. There were better to come next
I hadn't been in quite a few years and last year it was cancelled. It was back this year and a group of us, all CFF veterans, decided to go.
Much leaner than usual, and less crowded and a great weekend.
I'm going to post my highlights on what I saw over the next few days
2nd from last on Stage One on Saturday was Seth Lakeman and this was the best thing all weekend.
Seth and the band were on fire and would have been a fitting ending to the day (more on that next). Great song writing, performing, energy and joy. The crowd were rockin' and who can blame them. Fabulous stuff
I hadn't been in quite a few years and last year it was cancelled. It was back this year and a group of us, all CFF veterans, decided to go.
Much leaner than usual, and less crowded and a great weekend.
I'm going to post my highlights on what I saw over the next few days
The suns gone down, everyone is in the mood for a final boogie of the night so you decide to put on a guy with an electric guitar singing angry protest songs. Ahhhhh. What a disappointing way to finish the night
I've never been a fan of Frank Turner, I don't understand why he's so popular. There's nothing ground-breaking about his music and he's not got a particularly great voice. It was just dull and we left about 20 minutes into his set.
Finishing with Seth Lakeman would have been a great way to finish off the day
I had never heard of George but i will certainly be checking him out from now on. He has some very good songs and if I were to pick out Folk / rock influences for him you would probably go with Jeff Buckley and maybe Crosby, Stills & Nash. Just to give you an idea of the ballpark that he occupies.
Really enjoyed his set and will be checking him out from now on
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum