750+ Hip-Hop Tournament

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Moderators, please sticky this! <3

I've had many people request this start early, so I was thinking about kicking this off tomorrow, 10.21.2014.

4 matches/6 days for the first round
4 matches/2 days after the first round

Here are the brackets: http://challonge.com/beahop


Last edited by Precedent on 10/23/2014 00:39; edited 3 times in total
  • Quote
Works for me
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
I'd maybe go a little bit slower in the first round. that could be potentially 8 albums we haven't heard to listen to within 2 days. that might be a bit much listening to work in.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
I'd maybe go a little bit slower in the first round. that could be potentially 8 albums we haven't heard to listen to within 2 days. that might be a bit much listening to work in.


Yeah, I second this. It's especially tough for me to find time for hip-hop listening because so little of it is... um... family friendly.
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
I'd maybe go a little bit slower in the first round. that could be potentially 8 albums we haven't heard to listen to within 2 days. that might be a bit much listening to work in.


Very true.

Does 4 matches/4 days work?
  • Quote
Precedent wrote:
Very true.

Does 4 matches/4 days work?


Yeah. I think that sounds better. once we get to round 2, I'd speed it up since by then people should be familiar with the records.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I'd maybe consider even going to four matches every five/six days if there isn't particularly active participation in the first few matchups. I was already familiar with the vast, vast majority of these albums prior to the tournament, and even if I wasn't I don't think I'd find listening to eight hip-hop albums in four days particularly taxing (in fact, I've probably been doing just that for about a decade), but I fear that others might. It isn't a genre that everybody wants to listen to particularly regularly, so if you're seeing low voter turnout - especially in matches where both records are relatively well-known - I'd definitely consider increasing the voting window, thus giving people a bit more time to spread out the albums as they listen to them. Also, hip-hop albums frequently hit 65 or 70 minutes in length (more so than in many other genres), and so realistically somebody might have to find eight or nine hours of time to put aside for listening to albums they normally wouldn't look twice at simply in order to vote.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
^ yes please, there's no genre I'm in the mood for for entire days. I'd love it if we just took our time, at least for the first round. If it's possible of course, I understand you've already lengthened the original duration and may not want to do it again.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I'd maybe consider even going to four matches every five/six days if there isn't particularly active participation in the first few matchups. I was already familiar with the vast, vast majority of these albums prior to the tournament, and even if I wasn't I don't think I'd find listening to eight hip-hop albums in four days particularly taxing (in fact, I've probably been doing just that for about a decade), but I fear that others might. It isn't a genre that everybody wants to listen to particularly regularly, so if you're seeing low voter turnout - especially in matches where both records are relatively well-known - I'd definitely consider increasing the voting window, thus giving people a bit more time to spread out the albums as they listen to them. Also, hip-hop albums frequently hit 65 or 70 minutes in length (more so than in many other genres), and so realistically somebody might have to find eight or nine hours of time to put aside for listening to albums they normally wouldn't look twice at simply in order to vote.


Yeah, I can do six days. Looking for maximum participation, six days sounds great.
  • Quote
Thank you so much for the time extension ๐Ÿ™ Was really afraid that I wouldn't be able to participate, and I really want to.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Ever Hip-Hop Album Tournament Br... Guest Tournaments
Best Year in Hip-Hop Tournament (grou... Skinny Tournaments
Best Hip Hop track tournament NOMINAT... Saoirse Tournaments
Best Year in Hip-Hop Tournament nomin... Skinny Tournaments
[ Poll ] Best Year in Hip-Hop Tournament (form... Skinny Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.