This match was pretty close but I ended up going Blackdance. It was one of those the rare cases where the cover had a big influence on my experience, working as a jump-off for all sorts of surreal mental imagery while I listened. I wonder what would happen if I fell asleep to it...
Klaus Schulze is a giant in the Krautrock scene, yet this album is not one of this best... On the other hand this is Queen's 2nd-best... _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
Blackdance. It's not so much I'm thoroughly impressed by the album, I honestly can't stand Queen all that much. Save for a few singles, I always get bored of them too quickly. Either that or they make overly sugary or "anthemic" songs which fall flat or irk me to no end. "Killer Queen" is the only track from that album which I could find myself listening to often. I actually attempted to listen to Sheer Heart Attack again today and couldn't make it past track 5, but the first 3 tracks actually do good for me.
So much great electronica in this tourney. I'm was really impressed by both Zuckerzeit and Blackdance in this batch.
Zuckerzeit was a fairly simple choice since New Skin is a bit weaker imo than Songs Of or Love and Hate.
Despite really liking Blackdance, tt pretty much had an impossible battle here for two reasons. I liked Zuckerzeit better, and Sheer Heart Attack is so good it escapes the blight of being from the worst genre in all of rock - arty prog ( see Eldorado and Crime of the Century for recent casualties to this affliction).
Blackdance by, like, as much as is possible. Even though I'm softening on Queen a little (I fuck with a few singles, if played extremely sparingly), I still simply cannot tolerate an entire album. They're one of my least favourite bands of all-time. Blackdance isn't my favourite German album in this tournament by a long way, and it pales in comparison to something like Zuckerzeit, but it still caters far more to my tastes than any Queen album. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum