Albums with nothing but good songs

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I havent been on this site for that long, there might have been a topic like this before (show me a link if there is). But i'v realized there aren't that many albums with consecutive stand out amazing songs. there is always at least one song that you would skip on your mp3 player. the only albums on the top of my head that i haven't been able to deal with this is
DSOTM
ok computer
blind faith
magical mystery tour
meddle
little earthquakes
and velvet underground & nico
_________________
sig
  • Quote
Man, the "nothing but" part makes this tough. There are so, so few albums that don't have at least one clunker in them.

From my own top 50, I might go with:

Black Sabbath-debut
Thin Lizzy-Black Rose
Cynic-Traced in Air
The Zombies-Odessey and Oracle

...Damn, maybe that's it.
_________________
I love all music. It makes you feel like living. Silence is death.

-John Cassavettes
  • Quote
Yeah I can't think of many albums without at least one or two average tracks, but as for the ones that are great from start to finish, I'd go with

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Led Zep IV
  • Quote
not that much (albums with only 4/5 - very good- and 5/5 -excellent- songs). between brackets the rank in my top 500 albums.

1. The Strokes - Is This It (1st)
2. Ramones - Ramones (8th)
3. The Stooges - Fun House (26th)
4. Stan Getz & Joรฃo Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto (69th)
6. Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (195th)
5. John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (230th)


but i've never listened to a very perfect album yet (only 5/5 songs).
  • Quote
Weezer-The Blue Album
Patti Smith-Horses
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
Neutral Milk Hotel-In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Billy Joel-The Stranger
Nirvana-Nevermind
  • Quote
The way I organise my chart, the top 5 include all great songs.

Disintegration
Absolution
The Colour Of Spring
Echolalia
Asleep In The Back
  • Quote
I think there are plenty. Especially considering albums with just a few great long songs (In the Court of the Crimson King, F#A#โˆž, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady). Maybe upping the anti to all GREAT songs would narrow it down, but most of the albums on my chart have nothing on them that I straight-up dislike.
  • Quote
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper's
Trout Mask Replica
The Bends
OK Computer
Funeral
  • Quote
There probably won't be more than 10 albums that could be listed here...But, for my personal taste, every song on these albums are great:

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
Funeral - Arcade Fre
Kala - M.I.A.
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis
and maybe I'd put Thriller :s, but that's a bit iffy.

Also, after reading this, I'm interested in listening to Black Sabbath's debut...
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
I consider all albums on my chart to be flawless, or I wouldn't have put them there.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Nothing But Jazz July Kool Keith Sweat Music
Looking for more obscure, but Good cl... allclassicrock Music
Bad songs on good albums KilgoreTrout Music
Some *Good* Demos to my *Good* Album Applerill Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED-BNMAT- Scissor Sisters def Goo... Saoirse Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.