I thoroughly enjoy artists like Real Estate, Beach Fossils, Craft Spells, The Drums, Girls, Wild Nothing, Mac Demarco and etc. and I've had a lot of recently luck finding female driven bands like Chastity Belt, Girlpool and La Luz. But what I'm really hoping for is someone out there (because there has got to be legions who have more knowledge regarding this than I do out there) to suggest something similar please. Or even an artist they believed influenced the style like Felt, Television and The Velvet Underground.
I thoroughly enjoy artists like Real Estate, Beach Fossils, Craft Spells, The Drums, Girls, Wild Nothing, Mac Demarco and etc. and I've had a lot of recently luck finding female driven bands like Chastity Belt, Girlpool and La Luz. But what I'm really hoping for is someone out there (because there has got to be legions who have more knowledge regarding this than I do out there) to suggest something similar please. Or even an artist they believed influenced the style like Felt, Television and The Velvet Underground.
The artists you list are probably closer to indie pop and jangle pop, so try starting with these classics (or just stick around a while, there are tons of indie pop fans here):
That's a good starting point, anyways. Also there are other bands that do lo-fi stuff like Sebadoh but whatever. All of those releases are brilliant by the way.
Also for future reference the Suggestions forum isn't for music suggestions but suggestions for the site or bug reports or what not. This thread should go in the music forum.
Moved: 08/11/2015 00:53 by Necharsian From Suggestions to Music
I'm just gonna run with the whole indie pop thing cuz even if that isn't exactly what you were looking for the stuff I know that you listed is definitely indie pop
Plus I'd say these still definitely could be argued as lofi , tigermilk was recorded in just a few days and oh your so silent Jens kinda had that whole diy aesthetic down _________________
Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
I just want to express my gratitude for all your suggestions. I have a strong feeling someone out there really wants me to listen Guided By Voices :D. But I think everyone is right in saying that what I'm looking for is indie or jangle pop, I suppose that's what I meant. And as I've said I'm new to the genre, so sorry for getting it wrong, but I still want Lo-fi suggestions please. Oh I've already heard a few Pavement albums because I came across them while I was listening to another favourite Yo La Tengo. Again thank you all immensely, and keep the ideas flowing if possible.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum