"Uncool" bands that you happen to love.

Goto page 123456  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Which bands that were uncool to like did u happen to love? Even tho they were much ridiculed.
This mostly happens when we're younger because it's really important to be cool when youre young, so most of these bands I list will be rather older bands. But I STILL adore all of these bands.

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
311
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Which bands that were uncool to like did u happen to love? Even tho they were much ridiculed.
This mostly happens when we're younger because it's really important to be cool when youre young, so most of these bands I list will be rather older bands. But I STILL adore all of these bands.

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
311
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife


Shonen Kife were always considered cool. Unless sth happened in their later years. I don't remember Pizzicato Five being considered uncool either. They were so different from the rest of the alt scene when they came out. Anyways, I loved that first album of theirs.


Yeah, STP is the biggest one for me. They RULE, and even I used make fun of them for that Plush single which just sounded like a copy of Pearl Jam in ht most obvious way.
  • Quote
STEAL MY SUNSHINE IS A FANTASTIC SONG
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Which bands that were uncool to like did u happen to love? Even tho they were much ridiculed.
This mostly happens when we're younger because it's really important to be cool when youre young, so most of these bands I list will be rather older bands. But I STILL adore all of these bands.

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
311
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife


Shonen Kife were always considered cool. Unless sth happened in their later years. I don't remember Pizzicato Five being considered uncool either. They were so different from the rest of the alt scene when they came out. Anyways, I loved that first album of theirs.


Yeah, STP is the biggest one for me. They RULE, and even I used make fun of them for that Plush single which just sounded like a copy of Pearl Jam in ht most obvious way.


I couldnt quite remember if L7 were hated or liked, so i didn't include them. But i adore L7. Theyre great, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Quote
Linkin Park
Coldplay
U2
Some power metal bands
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Tilly wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Which bands that were uncool to like did u happen to love? Even tho they were much ridiculed.
This mostly happens when we're younger because it's really important to be cool when youre young, so most of these bands I list will be rather older bands. But I STILL adore all of these bands.

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
311
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife


Shonen Kife were always considered cool. Unless sth happened in their later years. I don't remember Pizzicato Five being considered uncool either. They were so different from the rest of the alt scene when they came out. Anyways, I loved that first album of theirs.


Yeah, STP is the biggest one for me. They RULE, and even I used make fun of them for that Plush single which just sounded like a copy of Pearl Jam in ht most obvious way.


I couldnt quite remember if L7 were hated or liked, so i didn't include them. But i adore L7. Theyre great, as far as I'm concerned.


Yeah. L7 were always considered cool. Just chicks that ROCKED! They really brought it on their first couple of albums. They rocked as hard as any band until they went to the majors so they were definitely considered cool.
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
STEAL MY SUNSHINE IS A FANTASTIC SONG


Never heard this before! I LOVE it. Such a great message (& so TRUE!) and the backup singing is done to perfection.
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
Never heard this before! I LOVE it. Such a great message (& so TRUE!) and the backup singing is done to perfection.


The reason i loved Steal my Sunshine is because the only music in the entire song is a sample of the classic disco smash More More More by the Andrea True Connection. It's one of those classic disco productions. If u dont know it, u dont know what youre missing. Even sillier and better than Steal My Sunshine.
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
The reason i loved Steal my Sunshine is because the only music in the entire song is a sample of the classic disco smash More More More by the Andrea True Connection. It's one of those classic disco productions. If u dont know it, u dont know what youre missing. Even sillier and better than Steal My Sunshine.


that is a classic song but steal my sunshine is better because in more more more that bit is so quick it just comes and goes but len knew to build a whole song out of it (and they add some more musical elements to it like the vocals)
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
that is a classic song but steal my sunshine is better because in more more more that bit is so quick it just comes and goes but len knew to build a whole song out of it (and they add some more musical elements to it like the vocals)


It was a great idea for Len to use it throughout the entire record. Its such a fantastic hook. When i was a little kid they used to play old disco hits on oldies radio, and i always loved that little hook. And the trumpet solo. I dont even know if theres a such things as Oldies radio anymore. Is there? It was fantastic when i was a kid. U heard all the Classic Rock and disco and everything. And i mean EVERYTHING.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123456  Next
Page 1 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
If You Like "X", Then You'l... carpents Music
Bands whose music you love but vocals... DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
Bands your collection says you should... EveryCheapHood Music
"10 Indie Hipster Rock Bands You... Mechalodon Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.