There's not a very strong death metal community here

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I had to add to albums by Nile, one of the most classic death metal bands imaginable (and one of the best). We should start clubs or something. It's so odd seeing so many classic bands have incomplete discographies. While that means more for me to do, it's also a calling card for more moderation, like the help wanted thread above.

Death metal is oftentimes incredible. It's a bit hard to navigate when you want to avoid gory or even anti-religious lyrics, but there are some absolutely genuine albums like Coloured Sands.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote
I can only listen to about one death metal album a month, but I do have a metal chart that was started and never finished.

Bestever Metal Albums by Tha1ChiefRocka
  • Quote
Well... sure you're right. There's no strong Death Metal community here…

What should I say… Death Metal is something "really special".

Although I really like - let's call it extreme or extravagant music - I never really got into Death Metal.
Might sound a bit ignorant, but most of the bands don't sound unique to me and it seems most of the bands don't have a great varity in their songwriting. Maybe I don't understand that kind of music… but most acts are boring me.

So there are just a few Death Metal Acts in my collection... for several personal reasons: SIX FEET UNDER, DEBAUCHERY, MY DARKEST HATE come first to my mind... When listening to extreme Metal I definitly prefer Black Metal… or let's better say… Music with Black Metal influences… PRIMORDIAL, ORPHANED LAND, DEKADENT, OPETH, CULT OF LUNA, SATYRICON, BEHEMOTH, BATUSHKA, ...

Btw: NILE are on my list of artists, I have to check... they seem to have kind of a unique style...
If there are any other artists you can recommend… please let me know, as long as it's not just the 5.342th BOLT THROWER-Clone...
  • Quote
Hey... Spyglass...

I've checked your Black Metal Charts in the meantime.
Shame on me... I should have done this before my last post.

You've included a lot of Melodic Death Bands like IN FLAMES, DARK TRANQUILLITY and even CHILDREN OF BODOM...
For me that's a whole different world 🤣 That's not what I call Death Metal...
Sure These Artists have their own signature and are not boring.

Definitly there's a great difference between Acts like the ones mentioned above and the - let's call it typical Basic Death Metal - like DEATH, BOLT THROWER or CANIBAL CORPSE...
  • Quote
Ulcerative occasionally have a sludgier sound to them. Their new album is definitely their best. Try Colored Sands and Obscure by Gorguts, too.

Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I can only listen to about one death metal album a month


That a perscription?
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802


Last edited by Spyglass on 06/02/2020 21:52; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Sad! There are plenty of ZZ Top and Mötlëy Crüë fans on BEA! Thugs and anarchists suggesting otherwise will NOT be tolerated! The users of BEA have been incredible at spreading death metal (thanks lethalnezzle!), and we will come down HARD on those Fake Users who continue to DESTROY our forums!
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Sad! There are plenty of ZZ Top and Mötlëy Crüë fans on BEA! Thugs and anarchists suggesting otherwise will NOT be tolerated! The users of BEA have been incredible at spreading death metal (thanks lethalnezzle!), and we will come down HARD on those Fake Users who continue to DESTROY our forums!


OK, I think we need to it down for a moment. See, just because it's called "extreme metal..."
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote
Metal has little to no representation on BEA unfortunately. Similar to jazz and hip hop, but even worse. And even the few people who are into metal seem to prefer black, thrash, post-metal and even avant-garde stuff (myself included). It's a shame, but it's how it is. I find my (death) metal recommendations elsewhere, and try to promote some metal music in the tournaments, which more often than not backfires 🤣 .
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
what is death metal? like bullets and band saws?
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
Metal has little to no representation on BEA unfortunately. Similar to jazz and hip hop, but even worse. And even the few people who are into metal seem to prefer black, thrash, post-metal and even avant-garde stuff (myself included). It's a shame, but it's how it is. I find my (death) metal recommendations elsewhere, and try to promote some metal music in the tournaments, which more often than not backfires 🤣 .


You'd think that the amount of rock on the charts says otherwise. 🤔
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Death metal/ Black metal albums??? jshawnano Music
There seems to be some confusion abou... Spyglass Music
Songs That Start Out Strong But Fizzl... DJENNY Music
[ Poll ] Best Metal Album, Round 1: Kingdom Co... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
Death/Groove/Brutal Metal Recommendat... AMBNTnoises Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.