Album of the day (#3690): "Heroes" by David Bowie

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

"Heroes" by David Bowie (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1977.
Country:
Overall rank: 251
Average rating: 83/100 (from 1291 votes).



Tracks:
1. Beauty And The Beast
2. Joe The Lion
3. "Heroes"
4. Sons Of The Silent Age
5. Blackout
6. V-2 Schneider
7. Sense Of Doubt
8. Moss Garden
9. Neukoln
10. The Secret Life Of Arabia

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.


Last edited by BestEverAlbums on 01/25/2021 09:05; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Low.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
DommeDamian wrote:
SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Low.


Ooh, hard disagree. I like Heroes, but I love Low. Heroes just doesn't have the warmth of Low. But then it is far less accessible, so maybe I just need to listen more. Both masterpieces, in any case!
_________________
Top 40 Greatest Music Albums by indieshins
  • Quote
Great album with an obviously perfect track, being "Heroes."
  • Quote
I happened to listen to both this and Low very recently and I have to say I am also leaning towards this. In general, when Bowie goes experimental it's good news for music. But in Low I somehow enjoyed the instrumentals way more than the rest of the album, while here I felt that the conventional and experimental aspects were much more balanced.
  • Quote
Yes, of course Low is a better album, as someone has already said, much warmer and with a better balance between the two sides, but this is still pretty pretty good. And of course the title track is simply one of those perfect songs.
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
Although I prefer Low, "Heroes" is another classic as well.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] David Bowie's "Low" vs &quo... Komorebi-D Music
Album of the day (#364): Low by David... BestEverAlbums Music
[ Poll ] DAVID BOWIE BEST ALBUM VOTE elparacaidas Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.