Track listing:
1. The Song Remains the Same
2. The Rain Song
3. Over the Hills and Far Away
4. The Crunge
5. Dancing Days
6. D'yer Mak'er
7. No Quarter
8. The Ocean
Okay, and what are your thoughts? Best Zeppelin album? Are you thinking of listening to this album today to celebrate it's 40th? Do you love it? Do you you hate it? And why?
I must be honest here, I haven't heard this record for like a Decade. I remember my dad had a cassette tape of it and I remember thinking it was weak compared to IV and I and II and even III. Then I bought the complete box set and I still haven't ever relisten ed to it since. Same goes for Graffiti.
Now that I'm on this site and I see that all 6 of the first zeppelin albums are adored I'm like WTF?!? Is there something I missed all those years ago. So that's why tonight and tomorrow I have decided to relisten to HotH, Phydical Graffiti and III.
Yay! That's what these anniversaries do, give me an excuse to listen to records. _________________ -Ryan
Only Zeppelin album from the first six that isn't on my overall chart. I still love it, but I think it's just not a perfect album. That being said, every time I listen to it, it gets better and better. _________________
My personal favorite tracks are The Ocean and D'yer Ma'ker. Sheryl Crow did a good cover of DM. I guess the original one is better, but I like to listen to the Crow version more because of excessive Zeppelin radio play for that song.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum