Album of the day (#3786): Zen Arcade by Hüsker Dü

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Zen Arcade by Hüsker Dü (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1984.
Country:
Overall rank: 432
Average rating: 79/100 (from 526 votes).



Tracks:
1. Something I Learned Today
2. Broken Home, Broken Heart
3. Never Talking To You Again
4. Chartered Trips
5. Dreams Reoccurring
6. Indecision Time
7. Hare Krsna
8. Beyond The Threshold
9. Pride
10. I'll Never Forget You
11. The Biggest Lie
12. What's Going On
13. Masochism World
14. Standing By The Sea
15. Somewhere
16. One Step At A Time
17. Pink Turns To Blue
18. Newest Industry
19. Monday Will Never Be The Same
20. Whatever
21. The Tooth Fairy And The Princess
22. Turn On The News
23. Reoccurring Dreams

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
BestEverAlbums please, stop reading my mind 😁 😄

Lately, I've been thinking a LOT about this album, and the opening song Something I Learned Today is currently in heavy rotation. A few days go by, BEA chooses it for album of the day. It's hilarious and really hilarious at the same time.

Anyways, Zen Arcade is a record I see myself loving more in the future, and really really REALLY want to love more; it's like I'm invested in this album recently. So far I love it, but I feel like I don't love it enough. But yea, great album regardless of anything.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
Zen Arcade represents the peak of the hardcore music community, but it also represents the fall. From this album on, big labels would begin to start looking for the bands in small labels, such as Husker Du and The Replacements. The relative success of this album, among others, led to a bad aministration of the royalties for the artists in SST.

This is one of the best albums from Husker Du, whom I consider the best band from the 80s, just an impeccable discography.
  • Quote
The best album ever
The album best ever
The best ever album
  • Quote
If I don't have something nice to say then I won't say nothing.lol in all seriousness, this is maybe the one albums that I just somewhat dislike in this tier of unimpeachable classics. I don't know what it is but I dislike a lot of the songs here.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
I wonder why. I just like the energy of the songs. I'm just re-listening to Feral Rat Anthem. I mean that energy, but ten times more.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
I wonder why. I just like the energy of the songs. I'm just re-listening to Feral Rat Anthem. I mean that energy, but ten times more.


Yeah I don’t know. Something about the way the trio works together always felt off to me. Like I don’t know. I also don’t like the vocals. The energy is indeed top notch. But the way the high energy somewhat abstractified hardcore punk parts are recorded always sounded thin and, again, for lack of a better word just off to me.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] Double Nickels on the Dime vs. Zen... Amirkhosro Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Husker Du def. Per... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Husker Du Mr. Shankly Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.