Album of the day (#3851): And Then Nothing Turned Itself

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out by Yo La Tengo (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2000.
Country:
Overall rank: 1,053
Average rating: 80/100 (from 276 votes).



Tracks:
1. Everyday
2. Our Way To Fall
3. Saturday
4. Let's Save Tony Orlando's House
5. Last Days Of Disco
6. The Crying Of Lot G
7. You Can Have It All
8. Tears Are In Your Eyes
9. Cherry Chapstick
10. From Black To Blue
11. Madeline
12. Tired Hippo
13. Night Falls On Hoboken

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
yes yes yes yes yes YES!
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
This was the first Yo La Tengo album I loved. Thank you Repo!
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
Probably my favourite YLT album. Like The Blue Nileโ€™s Hats if theyโ€™d grown up on Hรผsker Dรผ instead of Steely Dan.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
DommeDamian wrote:
This was the first Yo La Tengo album I loved. Thank you Repo!


๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
My second favorite Yo La Tengo after Painful. Also, maybe the last truly great slowcore record? It's actually been a long time since I've listened to this, but I have few memories that are as stupidly and unabashedly gooey as being in high school, walking places thinking about whoever I had a crush on at the time, and listening to "Our Way to Fall" over and over.

Track picks
2. Our Way To Fall
4. Let's Save Tony Orlando's House
7. You Can Have It All
9. Cherry Chapstick
13. Night Falls On Hoboken
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
HoldenM wrote:
have few memories that are as stupidly and unabashedly gooey as being in high school, walking places thinking about whoever I had a crush on at the time, and listening to "Our Way to Fall" over and over.


Ah, album(s) with that kind of connection is dear to me. An album where I hold the same kind of memories as these is Dismemberment Plan's Emergency & I.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Irony just ate itself, then shat itse... 40footwolf Music
Nostalgia/familiarity VS the music it... RoundTheBend Music
[ Poll ] AC/DC's "Back In Black" tur... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.