Album of the day (#5371): Rattlesnakes

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Rattlesnakes by Lloyd Cole And The Commotions (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1984.
Country:
Overall rank: 977
Average rating: 77/100 (from 228 votes).



Tracks:
1. Perfect Skin
2. Speedboat
3. Rattlesnakes
4. Down On Mission Street
5. Forest Fire
6. Charlotte Street
7. 2cv
8. Four Flights Up
9. Patience
10. Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
This album should probably be ranked higher than #977, since there isn't a weak track on it and it was quite influential at the time it was released, but I'm not exactly helping by failing to include it on my All-Time chart โ€”ย I've got Mainstream in there instead, at #63. Apparently that's worth 37 ranking points, which would move Rattlesnakes up to #963 if I swapped it in, just above the Rolling Stones' Tattoo You. But it would also place it above the first New York Dolls album, as well as The Sundays' Reading, Writing And Arithmetic, both of which I like better than Rattlesnakes. So honestly I have no idea what to do here, which I suppose is what makes BEA so much fun?
  • Quote
good job
  • Quote
I had just moved into a house share (also known as a swat!) just as this album was released and living with likeminded individuals, who all loved great music, I would reckon, half of the ten people who lived in the house, owned this record so you could hear it being played multiple times a day and it never got old.

Fabulous album which. at the moment is just outside my top 100. That needs to be remedied.
  • Quote
I love this album!

I bought it on impulse around 15 years ago, after just hearing "Rattlesnakes" somewhere, and what a wonderful surprise it was.

There's barely a single track I don't enjoy and some of these songs I actually went on to learn on the acoustic guitar.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Aus Album Of The Day #10: Geoffrey Gu... videoheadcleaner Music
World album of the day (#445): The Al... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#358): Weezer (The ... BestEverAlbums Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.