Album of the day (#5416): Spiderland by Slint

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
  • ๐Ÿ‘ Romanelli, ๐Ÿ‘ DommeDamian, ๐Ÿ‘ II
Today's album of the day

Spiderland by Slint (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1991.
Country:
Overall rank: 100
Decade rank: 19
Year rank: 4
Artist rank: 1 (out of 2 albums on BEA)
Average rating: 84/100 (from 1272 votes).



Tracks:
1. Breadcrumb Trail
2. Nosferatu Man
3. Don, Aman
4. Washer
5. For Dinner...
6. Good Morning, Captain

indicates a top-rated track.

Top voted comments:

"I have six tracks, all over 5 minutes long. I sound like absolutely nothing else in the world almost 20 years after my release. Despite this, I am still hugely influential. I have not a single bad song, but no song is streets ahead of the rest either. All in all, I am a perfect album. Who am I?

If you guessed Laughing Stock by Talk Talk, you are also right.
"
- weedygonsalez
________________________________________________________

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Hey, it made the Top 100...! ๐Ÿค”

It's an interesting record, and I could happily go along with "pioneering" within the post-rock genre, but ultimately I've always considered this album to be overrated โ€” probably due to "first-mover advantage." #100 is just way too high, in my (very much personal) opinion.

Don't all bash me at once!
  • Quote
Hey! That punk be posting!

Track picks
1. Breadcrumb Trail
2. Nosferatu Man
6. Good Morning, Captain
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
That punk do be posting with the rock.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
Loved this album back in 91.

Lost a little of its impact now, which is to be expected, but still a very solid album.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] This Date in Music (3/27): Spiderland... Mercury Music
World album of the day (#66): The Alb... albummaster Music
Aus Album Of The Day #10: Geoffrey Gu... videoheadcleaner Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.