Album of the day (#7433): Boston by Boston

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Boston by Boston (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1976.
Country:
Boston discography rank: 1 (out of 9 listed on BEA)
1976 rank: 5
1970s rank: 69
Overall rank: 285
Average rating: 78/100 (from 974 votes).



Tracks:
1. More Than A Feeling
2. Peace Of Mind
3. Foreplay/Long Time
4. Rock & Roll Band
5. Smokin'
6. Hitch A Ride
7. Something About You
8. Let Me Take You Home Tonight

indicates a top-rated track.

Top voted comments:

"My father gave me this CD as a kid because I got a guitar for christmas. I've listened to this album at least 50 times. It's amazing!"
- @ptaylor1989 (Rating: 85/100)
________________________________________________________

"It has become fashionable to bash Boston as a product of the late seventies, harbingers of "corporate rock," and no more than a flash in the pan. However, this debut was a genuine earth-shaking revelation at the time of its release, and still sounds great today, even with classic rock radio burnout. Every cut is worthwhile and most are bona fide classics. The group may have never again matched the quality of their opening salvo, but that doesn't mean this album is not one of the standout greats of all time; it most certainly is."
- @Fischman (Rating: 90/100)
________________________________________________________

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X
  • Quote
  • ๐Ÿคฃ albummaster
Albummaster back to stalking me. I just a few hours ago, watched Tastes Like Music's listography video for Boston. Now their big self-titled debut is album of the day.

I have absolutely zero interest in AOR and the rest of this band's catalog, but I do think this LP is good, especially the first songs.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
For as well regarded as this album is, I still think it's a bit underrated.
_________________
My overall top 100 is far from fleshed out at this point, so here are some charts I am actually proud of:
Top 100 Albums of 2025
  • Quote
I never used to appreciate this album until about 15 years ago when I really listened to it. Itโ€™s a great album. Unfortunately for them this was also Bostons best album. They never achieved this level again.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Boston better than the Beatles? ffudnebbuh Music
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 1 - The Madcap Laughs vs. Bo... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] CVC - R1: Liverpool def. Boston [CLSD] videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.