I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but here's my poll. These are the shoegazing (bot classic and revival) albums that I consider to be the best. I only included one by each artist. I'm curious to see if anyone votes for something other than Loveless.
Jimmy DreadOld skool like Happy ShopperModeratorProfile 555 Dub Street
Sorry mate, but from a shoegazing purist's point of view, this poll is seriously flawed:
- "Giant Steps" is not a shoegaze album per se, although it does have some moments that could be considered as such - their key 'shoegaze' album is Everything's Alright Forever.
- Kitchens Of Distinction may have fuzzy guitars, but I can't see them as shoegaze.
- Lush would have got more votes if you'd put "Spooky" instead of "Split"
- SO many omissions - you could have mentioned Spiritualized's "Lazer Guided Melodies", Chapterhouse's "Whirlpool", The Horrors (I'm not convinced they're shoegaze but other BEA members are!), Yuck (ditto), Serena Maneesh, Asobi Seksu's "Citrus", even Ringo Deathstarr (who I may have actually voted for, as much as I adore Loveless).
All that being said, very few people are going to vote for anything other than MBV. Ride's Nowhere (I actually prefer Going Blank Again) is great too, but nothing did more for (and eventually killed) the genre than Loveless. _________________ 'Reggae' & t'ing Folk 'n Stuff SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum