Purchases I made on my birthday!

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
My parents let me spend some money on my birthday for new music!

This is what I ended up getting:

  • Quote
Sweet. Psychocandy and Illmatic are on my chart, both very good investments.

Illmatic greatest rap album ever IMO.
_________________
Shut up mate you're boring!
  • Quote
I like the first three. Utterly indifferent towards Interpol.

And if you don't like hip-hop after hearing Illmatic, you should just give up on the genre.
  • Quote
$6.97 for Nas? Bargain!
  • Quote
HigherThanTheSun wrote:


Illmatic greatest rap album ever IMO.


Obvs.

And, yeah. Good purchases....I like Illmatic....that's about it of the 4.... ๐Ÿ˜จ
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
All four are good albums and worth your time.

Other than that, Illmatic is not the greatest hip-hop album of all time.
  • Quote
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Other than that, Illmatic is not the greatest hip-hop album of all time.


Probably not. There's a strong argument to say it is though.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
Probably not. There's a strong argument to say it is though.


Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Paid in Full
cLOUDDEAD
It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Paul's Boutique
The Cold Vein
The Low End Theory
3 Feet High and Rising
The Marshall Mathers LP

Above: a list of hip-hop albums I like more than Illmatic. And if you consider Boy in da Corner a hip-hop album, then add that to the list too.
  • Quote
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Paid in Full
cLOUDDEAD
It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Paul's Boutique
The Cold Vein
The Low End Theory
3 Feet High and Rising
The Marshall Mathers LP

Above: a list of hip-hop albums I like more than Illmatic. And if you consider Boy in da Corner a hip-hop album, then add that to the list too.


Boy in da Corner isn't hip-hop. And I'd argue Illmatic is a better album than every one of those. Although those in bold come very close.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
Boy in da Corner isn't hip-hop. And I'd argue Illmatic is a better album than every one of those. Although those in bold come very close.


That's why I wrote that sentence at the end ๐Ÿ˜œ
And I'd argue that all of those albums (though I'm having my doubts about Marshall Mathers LP a bit) are better than Illmatic.

It's all just opinion anyway.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Record Store Day (RSD) 2021 (Drop 1) ... Johnnyo Music
Which albums/singles were released on... TracyJacks Music
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAKONIUM!!! Guest Lounge
[ Poll ] But those candles have wax, Jim!: Hap... cestuneblague Lounge
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R1: The Birthday Party... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.