Album of the day (#861): Odelay by Beck

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Odelay by Beck (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1996.
Country:
Overall rank: 140
Average rating: 81/100 (from 405 votes).



Tracks:
1. Devils Haircut
2. Hotwax
3. Lord Only Knows
4. The New Pollution
5. Derelict
6. Novacane
7. Jack-Ass
8. Where It's At
9. Minus
10. Sissyneck
11. Readymade
12. High 5 (Rock The Catskills)
13. Ramshackle

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Pretty good. I like Sea Change better, but they're so uncomparable in style.
  • Quote
I've never heard it honestly. I've heard it's really really good. I need to give it a listen.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Doesn't live up to the acclaim.
  • Quote
Damn good album. By far Beck's most versatile (and I mean this is Beck we're talking about). I'd call it his best, but honestly all his albums are so different from each other in style that I find it difficult to directly compare any of them. In any case this is my favorite
  • Quote
I like it. My favourite Beck album.
  • Quote
Never got all the way through this one, Sea Change strikes me as the better album - but I can't really say.
  • Quote
One of my friends put his opinion of Beck something like this: "Beck is probably the best artist I don't really listen to." At first I thought he just meant he hadn't really listened to Beck, but he later explained he just meant that Beck is the best artist that doesn't really appeal to him. I have to agree with him. Beck's music is bracingly fresh and incredibly original, but I can barely make it through this album. I think the best way to put it is that almost every moment on this album is pretty cool, but there's just not enough to distinguish the cool moments of one song from the rest to make it interesting. That's my take, anyway.
  • Quote
I often like Mutations, Midnite Vultures or Sea Change just as much or more. It's tough to pick one over another.
_________________
Finnegan was super bad-ass.
  • Quote
It's really that good. Beck can play almost any style and sound cool. This is his best (One Foot in the Grave, his folk-blues collaboration with Calvin Johnson, aside). Not a second's boredom. "Derelict" my favourite.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#326): Odelay by Beck BestEverAlbums Music
[ Poll ] Odelay V In The Aeroplane Over The Sea alelsupreme Tournaments
[ Poll ] Best Beck Album ShaneSpear Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.