Album of the day (#863): Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1975.
Country:
Overall rank: 36
Average rating: 85/100 (from 605 votes).



Tracks:
1. Thunder Road
2. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
3. Night
4. Backstreets
5. Born To Run
6. She's The One
7. Meeting Across The River
8. Jungleland

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Born to Run ๐Ÿ•บ ๐Ÿ•บ Fantastic song!
  • Quote
An all time favourite of mine - never gets old after countless listens.
  • Quote
I used to sort of like this album. I don't really know why.
  • Quote
Great album, not his best though...
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
This is just one of the all time "classics" I just don't dig that much. 3 or 4 tracks are stellar. "10th avenue Freeze Out" and obviously "Born to Run" and "Thunder Road" I love. Just awesome songs. I do recall liking "Backsyreets" and thinking "Jungleland" was cool but nothing I could totally get into. Hmm... As I write this, I am increasing my intrigue. I am interested in giving this another go.


Nebraska is better.

Not a Bruce Springsteen fan really at all.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Best tracks: Thunder Road, Born To Run
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
It ranks high on my alltime list despite not being a massive Springsteen fan. It's very much a summer record for me - usually played pretty loud. I like every song but if i had to choose one i'd go for Jungleland.
  • Quote
Very enthusiastic, very spontaneous, very... youthful. It rocks and soothes at the same time, it is often catchy as hell ("Tenth-avenue-FREEZEOUT!!") and the lyrics are the icing on the cake: Depicting the ambitions and dreams of young people, desperate, energetic and never with a concrete plan, they are lyrics you can often relate to, melodramatic but also honest and during the end, when they reach the heights of tragedy in the masterpiece Jungleland, it's the perfect destination to an unforgettable journey. If the album sucks you in from the beginning or eventually during repeated listens, it is almost impossible not to be emotionally devastated from this ending (well, too strong of a word maybe, but I think you know what I mean). The beautiful, but also unusual mixture of instruments (harmonica, piano, Clemons's amazing saxophone of course) refers to a wide variety of different genres, making this as a sum much more than just another album-oriented rock affair filled with songs that were made to fill stadiums and arenas (ironically it achieved just that, along with being vastly influential to the genre in which it is classified). While this might sound a bit clichรฉd and expected, the best song in here (along with Jungleland) is probably the title track: No longer than five minutes, yet so larger-than-life and working exceptionally as a synopsis of the album's themes. Excluding Meeting Across The River which is kinda weak if you ask me, this is an exceptional work overall.
  • Quote
Best Springsteen album by a long way.

Never been a huge fan, but this album is really good.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#355): Born to Run ... BestEverAlbums Music
Pre "Born To Run" Bruce Spr... Guest Music
[ Poll ] Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: Run-Run-... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.