CLOSED: PPNW - PF: New Order def. Wire

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The first finalist is?
Wire:
45%
 45%  [14]
New Order:
54%
 54%  [17]
Total Votes : 31

  • Quote


BEA Rank: 200
Nominated by: L Lawliet

Previous rounds:
seeded (R1)
def. Dexys Midnight Runners (R2)
def. Elvis Costello (SF1)
def. The Jam (SF2)
def. Talk Talk (EF)




Vs.



BEA Rank: 159
Nominated by: drakonium

Previous rounds:

seeded (R1)
def. Women (R2)
def. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (SF1)
def. My Bloody Valentine (SF2)
def. The Fall (EF)




Last edited by videoheadcleaner on 07/31/2013 10:07; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Wire all the way. Come on people! Pink Flag, Chairs Missing and 154 are all brilliant!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
I'll remain neutral until someone can convince me to vote either way.
  • Quote
New Order just for Blue Monday and Temptation.
  • Quote
Ochurch25 wrote:
I'll remain neutral until someone can convince me to vote either way.



Link


Hopefully this song can sway you in the direction of Wire. Listen for the midway point when the guitar comes in like an avalanche. Love this song "A Touching Display" from the album "154" - 1979!

Or, better yet, how about this to sway you

Link


"Mannequin" off "Pink Flag". One of the coolest pop songs ever that I've heard. But I see you have "Pink Flag" on your 70s chart, so you must already know the greatness of Wire to some degree.

They were just so ahead of their time. I can't get over how fresh their early records sound even now over 30 years later.

Vote Wire! Woohoo!

Sorry, I still have no idea how to put a video from YouTube on here correctly. (MOD edit: you have to copy just the basic URL, i.e. delete anything that comes after "&" when you put the link between the "youtube brackets")
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Voted Wire. Amazing band.

This was actually released this year (!) :


Link

_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
I see this matchup as post-punk vs new wave. both bands really exist at the top of their sub genre. Post-punk wins for me. Had New Order released an album anywhere near as good as what Wire released this year, i might've voted for them
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
New Order has some great songs, and in a lot of cases I would take them over Joy Division, but not Wire. Wire is one of the best post-punk bands for sure, and I'd say they deserve to get to the finals and win over any other bands still in. Not only are their first three albums all masterpieces, but they've been going strong for ages now, and their most recent material is fantastic. Both bands have a lot of great material over a long time, but I would take Wire any day. I mean, come on. Outdoor Miner guys.


Link
  • Quote
new order should probably win this tournament
  • Quote
Definitely Wire.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: New Order def. Women videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - EF: New Order def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: New Order def. My... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: New Order def. Nic... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW Final: Talking Heads def... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.