How many albums did you go through today?

Goto page 12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
At the end of your day, count your albums you've completed and list them here.

Last edited by JMan on 01/12/2014 20:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Tight school schedule + procrastination = allows me to only listen to one album a day (sometimes an album a week). Always.
_________________
  • Quote
I think I've been trying about 10-15 new albums a day lately. I tend to enjoy around two-thirds of them. Depends where I'm getting my music from that day. Also depends on the length of the albums. ...aaaand also depends on how much I feel like listening to albums I've already heard. Also, other things.. general things.
  • Quote
The Poe wrote:
I think I've been trying about 10-15 new albums a day lately. I tend to enjoy around two-thirds of them. Depends where I'm getting my music from that day.


This is in no way as judgmental as the question is going to sound, but how do you retain anything from the music when you listen to that much in a day?
  • Quote
I listened to 10 albums today


I'm fuckin you tonight 4 times
I'm fuckin you tonight volume 2 2 times
Intimate Rituals
Solo Violin Improvisitations
Cleopatra Astray
Music for Church Cleaners


There all albums I've already heard I want to listen to new music but don't wanna stop listening to old music
  • Quote
ShaneSpear wrote:
This is in no way as judgmental as the question is going to sound, but how do you retain anything from the music when you listen to that much in a day?


I suppose the brain adapts. Get used to listening to music this way and you eventually retain, maybe. Throughout the past two years, I've been like... a runaway train maybe. Just building momentum when listening to music. It's grown easy with experience.

I'd likely slow down if I develop an interest in other things like movies.
  • Quote
The Poe wrote:
I suppose the brain adapts. Get used to listening to music this way and you eventually retain, maybe. Throughout the past two years, I've been like... a runaway train maybe. Just building momentum when listening to music. It's grown easy with experience.


I've gotten through about 15 albums in the span of four days. I'm kinda freaked out that some users here listen to that much a day! I mean, I'm on my fifth one today and I'm sure I'll get to another one ny the end of the day (Blackout) but 15? What do you do besides music?
  • Quote
The Poe wrote:
I think I've been trying about 10-15 new albums a day lately.


Shit, sometimes you hear 15 new albums a day? ๐Ÿ˜•

I probably listen to 4-5 albums a day. Sometimes only 1, and sometimes I listen to 8. Varies, but I make sure I listen to at least 1 new album a day typically.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Currently I'd hear 5 albums a day at a max depending on length due to my commute to uni and stuff, that could increase over Christmas though, currently working through the Rolling Stone Top 500 again so I tend to hear 2/3 of them a day (Unless they're very long), after that I try find something new and I'd give it a few listens if I can, be it a 2013 album or just something random.

Think today I heard:
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Echo & The Bunnymen - Heaven Up Here
REM - Document
Kid Cudi - Indicud

๐Ÿค”
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
I'm just going to list these and get off the computer once the last album's done, because I shouldn't spent all day with music.

1. Exuma: Filled with biblical influence and combining junkanoo, freak folk, a dash of reggae, and calypso. Sweet.
2. Dire Straits: Romanelli liked it more, so I gave it a go. It made it to my top 200, but it's not as diverse as Brothers in Arms, which is one of my favorite things in albums.
3. Another Green World: Above decent.
4. Lovedrive: One of the six Scorps albums I've heard, Lovedrive is still the fifth best but has grown on me a lot.
5. At Fillmore East: So far, it's four stars. I've got 20:00 minutes left, and the album's incomparable to Eat a Peach.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12345  Next
Page 1 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
How many of the BEA Top 1,000 do you ... CameronMB Music
[ Poll ] Which today's new release did you enj... facu-janssen Music
What new albums have you found throug... Spyglass Music
What age did you first fall in love w... PatrickD Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.