How many of the BEA Top 1,000 do you own? How many heard?

Goto page Previous  123456
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
did someone talk shit about Tears for Fears in this thread

*rocking back and forth mouthing "shout shout, let it all out"*
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
did someone talk shit about Tears for Fears in this thread

*rocking back and forth mouthing "shout shout, let it all out"*


IKR? I'm surprised we only have one in our top 100 - The Hurting is a masterpiece that's really close to my overall, and Songs from the Big Chair is a powerhouse with the singles on there. I get not liking their poppier moments (Everybody Wants to Rule The World, Shout, Head Over Heels) or not liking their slightly weirder pop moments (Mad World, Sowing the Seeds of Love), or their darker moments (Ideas as Opiates) but to not find any value in any of them is surprising.

And bizarrely enough, I found a way to quote them in every film paper I wrote last semester, completely accidentally.

And the guy who complained about them's chart is really similar to when I first joined, just with more Radiohead :/
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:

IKR? I'm surprised we only have one in our top 100 - The Hurting is a masterpiece that's really close to my overall, and Songs from the Big Chair is a powerhouse with the singles on there. I get not liking their poppier moments (Everybody Wants to Rule The World, Shout, Head Over Heels) or not liking their slightly weirder pop moments (Mad World, Sowing the Seeds of Love), or their darker moments (Ideas as Opiates) but to not find any value in any of them is surprising.

And bizarrely enough, I found a way to quote them in every film paper I wrote last semester, completely accidentally.

And the guy who complained about them's chart is really similar to when I first joined, just with more Radiohead :/


It would seem, by look at your chart compared to mine, that our biggest taste disagreement is the 80s. I rather unapologetically think that the general production styles of the decade were a wash. You'll be heart broken to know that I also don't see the appeal of Joy Division/New Order or the Smiths. Here's to future listens to see if I stick to that.
  • Quote
17 of the top 20
27 of the top 50
54 of the top 100

high priority on my must-listen list: the (pre-Black Star) David Bowie albums and the Smiths albums, Pink Moon, The Rolling Stones albums, Spirit of Eden, and F#A$#inf. maybe the wilco and television albums.

this was from the "Top-Rated" list instead of the Overall Chart, though. heard more from the Overall Chart than the "Top-Rated" list.
_________________
<--suddenly...Bora!
#BodyRollSwag
  • Quote
194 out of the top 400. # Too much spare time on my hands.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456
Page 6 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
How many physical albums/CDs do you own? musicmanstu Music
How many albums do you own? telefunker Music
[ Poll ] BEA Vinyl Swap Shop / Your Own Top 10... Jimmy Dread Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.