Isolating albums that are rated, but not commented

View previous topic :: View next topic
planetneutral

• Posted: 12/05/2020 22:29
  • Post subject: Isolating albums that are rated, but not commented
Is there a way for me to identify albums where I've given a rating but haven't left a comment? I can see that I have 599 ratings and, at the bottom of the Comments, I see the count there is 543. I'd love to fix that discrepancy.

If I go to the Comments view, I can see whether I've left a rating or not. But if I go to Ratings, there are no comments, so I can't tell if they're missing. I assume that's to keep the view less cluttered. But even if the Ratings view just showed the "Comments: 77 (1 yours)" link that the chart album view does, that would give me what I would need to see where I was missing comments. Another solution to my problem would be to include the comments field in the ratings csv, so I could just see which lines didn't have them.

But I'm sure I'm missing an obvious path to this. Thanks.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/06/2020 12:39
  • Post subject: Re: Isolating albums that are rated, but not commented
planetneutral wrote:
Is there a way for me to identify albums where I've given a rating but haven't left a comment? I can see that I have 599 ratings and, at the bottom of the Comments, I see the count there is 543. I'd love to fix that discrepancy.

If I go to the Comments view, I can see whether I've left a rating or not. But if I go to Ratings, there are no comments, so I can't tell if they're missing. I assume that's to keep the view less cluttered. But even if the Ratings view just showed the "Comments: 77 (1 yours)" link that the chart album view does, that would give me what I would need to see where I was missing comments. Another solution to my problem would be to include the comments field in the ratings csv, so I could just see which lines didn't have them.

But I'm sure I'm missing an obvious path to this. Thanks.

Hi, sorry this is not possible to do via the site at the moment. The site could definitely add a work-around along the lines you've suggested, but as a temporary workaround, you could download CSV files of both ratings and comment to identify the uncommented albums that way (e.g. using the album ID in both feeds as a common reference).
  • Visit poster's website
planetneutral

• Posted: 12/06/2020 14:50
  • Post subject:
OK, appreciate the response. I ended up copying the album ID column from the comment csv to the ratings csv and am manually comparing them. This is occasionally complicated by the fact that I have multiple comments on some albums. (So I was delusional to think those totals were going to line up anyway.)

Further complicated by the relatively few items where the formatting borks in the CSV export and the AlbumID doesn't land in the correct column and therefore doesn't get sorted properly in an AlbumID sort. But I was ultimately able to address at least most of the "rated but commentless" albums. Thank you!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/07/2020 09:27
  • Post subject:
planetneutral wrote:
OK, appreciate the response. I ended up copying the album ID column from the comment csv to the ratings csv and am manually comparing them. This is occasionally complicated by the fact that I have multiple comments on some albums. (So I was delusional to think those totals were going to line up anyway.)

Further complicated by the relatively few items where the formatting borks in the CSV export and the AlbumID doesn't land in the correct column and therefore doesn't get sorted properly in an AlbumID sort. But I was ultimately able to address at least most of the "rated but commentless" albums. Thank you!

If you are using Excel, you could use VLOOKUP to look up the album ID from the ratings to see if it exists in the comments. Didn't realise the file was not rendering properly, I'll check into that (apologies). (EDIT: Now fixed)
  • Visit poster's website