Black Friday (track) by Steely Dan
Black Friday appears on the following album(s) by Steely Dan:
- Katy Lied (track #1) (1975)
- Greatest Hits (track #11) (compilation) (1978)
- Citizen (track #31) (compilation) (1993)
- A Decade Of Steely Dan (track #2) (this album) (compilation) (1985)
- Reelin' In The Years: The Very Best Of Steely Dan (track #8) (compilation) (1987)
- The Best Of Steely Dan: Then And Now (track #7) (compilation) (1993)
- Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz Radio Broadcast: Steely Dan (track #16) (2005)
- Showbiz Kids (The Steely Dan Story 1972-1980) (track #14) (compilation) (2000)
- The Very Best Of Steely Dan: Do It Again (track #11) (compilation) (1987)
- The Definitive Collection (track #7) (compilation) (2006)
Go to store
Go to store
Go to store
Listen to Black Friday on YouTube
Black Friday ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this track. | Show all 12 ratings for this track.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Track ratings||Avg. track rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some tracks can have several thousand ratings)
This track is rated in the top 4% of all tracks on BestEverAlbums.com. This track has a Bayesian average rating of 81.8/100, a mean average of 86.3/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 86.3/100. The standard deviation for this track is 8.2.
Black Friday comments
Be the first to add a comment for this track - add your comment!
Your feedback for Black Friday
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.