Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 05/23/2016 07:24
  • Post subject: ALC16 #16: Ez Mizoku by Foodman

Ez Minzoku by Foodman
Label: Orange Milk Records
Release Date: May 13th, 2016

Streamable at the usual sources. Here is a bandcamp link: https://orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ez-minzoku

So this album just got the Eureka designation on Tiny Mix Tapes so maybe I should be using this space to highlight something a bit lesser known, but since it needs to be an album that people can easily get a listen in on, I think we should just stick with this.

I'll add some thoughts later, but here's the blurb on the bandcamp to give you an idea of what you're dealing with:

Quote:
Since releasing his first cassette in 2012 through Orange Milk, Takahide Higuchi aka Foodman has become an unofficial ambassador for Japan's weird electronic music scene. He is recognized for mixing juke/footwork, minimal electronics, and avant-garde pop and collage sounds with an irreverence and sense of exploration that is distinctly Japanese. That adventurous nature continues on Ez Minzoku (which translates to Easy Ethnic) with its use of bright, plastic-sounding MIDI instruments and extreme negative space minimalism. Juxtaposed against blasts of harmony a hazy vestigial juke vibe, Ez Minzoku sounds like a new micro-genre of its own.
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 05/31/2016 18:24
  • Post subject:
This is definitely interesting if nothing else. I kind of like the weirdness though, it doesn't come off as too weird, just strange enough to be interesting. I like the kind of bright MIDI keyboard sound too, I dunno, there's just something about it that's really cool. It's strange and different, but not so much that it's impossible to listen to, really cool pick tap, thanks!

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website