I like the list. While published by Rolling Stone, it is a list compilied from the votes of more than 100 artists, critics and industry insiders (only some of which were directly related to Rolling Stone).
On a side note (I know this is a different thread), and you obviously don't have to answer; bolle, for some reason as I was reading all your first posts, I kept wondering what age you were. It helps put things in perspective, I'm not going to try to molest you. Just for instance, I think of harrisonfords posts now completely differently since he revealed he was twenty-something, rather than the middle-aged, went to college in the seventies/eighties person I tagged him as. Tell me your age and I'll tell you how old you sound in your posts so far.
I really think, of course its my opinion that Kid A was average in content. Sure it was experimental and different, but different is not better. Better is better.
Alot of classical music i listen to gives me chills when i listen to it. Radiohead is band that takes some time to like, thats ok. But really purple do you ever get chills listening to this album? After getting used to it and the MUSIC on it I simply found it to be average.
After reading alot on boards about this album I also see alot of people pretend to like the album and people who are fans of radiohead(including myself) thinking its one of their weaker albums. I think in rainbows was better. And rollingstones should put albums that defined this decade on their list, you really think Kid A did that? THe album was kinda split hate/love thing when it was released, I really can`t see how this is the top album of the decade, not even the top radiohead album, but whatever.
I had you tagged at mid to late teens, but not that young. I'm not a Radiohead fan, and I'm torn between The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A when I think of the best Radiohead album; In Rainbows doesn't even enter my equation. And I think National Anthem and Optimistic are hands down two of the best Radiohead songs I've heard...
How To Disappear Completely is an amazing song also.
Yeah bolle, I picked you for much older, not half my age!
Purple, I would pick OK Computer over the other two. The Bends is the foaundation of Radiohead today but OK Computer showed what they are capable of. Most of the songs on OK Computer could be a single which to me makes it somewhat accessible but also a beautifully crafted album. Kid A and Amnesiac were transition albums in my view, preparing them for Hail To The Thief and In Rainbows.
The first Radiohead album I bought was HTTF so my experience may be different to others.
from my point a view The bends is definitely better than ok computer. actually i think that Ok computer is little bit overated (even if i think that it's a really good album), and Amnesiac underestimated !
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum