How Do You Organize Your Collection?

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
Even by month and date of release? Or just by year? And, if just by year, how do you organize the albums within that year? Alphabetically?


I try my best to keep it to the date of release with my physical copies, but that's not easy on digital, so it's alphabetical from then on within the years.
  • Quote
pearljammer13 wrote:
MrFrogger wrote:
All my Cd's and records are organized by artists name, then chronological within that artists discography. All my Cd's are mostly on a bookshelf.


This. And all the records I own are just in a pile (only about 20), and their covers are all over the wall of my mantacular music room.


Double this, as I too had my about 300 cds organized alphabetically then album chron, but then I got rid of all my cds and just have 14,103 songs, 39.1 days, and 110.47 GB of music on my computer and my vinyl collection isn't big enough to sort, so I just have it so that the one on the top is the first next to listen to.

You know when I was a teenager I had my Abbey Road and Joshua Tree vinyl on the wall, I don't know why I didn't do this as an adult, until pearljammer reminded me of how badass it is. At the same time I just bought this place, and the only room with anything on the walls is my band room with the vinyl sleave on the wall... priorities... haha!
  • Quote
Alphabetically by artist then chronologically. I used to just stack them but now I'm organized and I have shelving.
  • Quote
Biographically based on when and where I was when I bought the stuff... so it's sort of chronological but not really!
  • Quote
I gave away all of my physical media. My entire collection is MP3 320 kbps albums arranged by year and then artist.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] Organize Your Wish List JMan Suggestions
Bands your collection says you should... EveryCheapHood Music
Albums You Have in Your Collection Twice Guest Music
That album in your collection you see... craola Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.