First and Last and Always by The Sisters of Mercy or A Kiss in the Dreamhouse by Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Actually anything by U2 before The Joshua Tree might be worth a listen. Songs like 'I Will Follow' ,'Pride (In the Name of Love) and 'New Year's Day' will appeal to a fan of 80s Echo and The Bunnymen.
mickilennialThe Most Trusted Name in NewsProfile Detroit
First and Last and Always by The Sisters of Mercy or A Kiss in the Dreamhouse by Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Actually anything by U2 before The Joshua Tree might be worth a listen. Songs like 'I Will Follow' ,'Pride (In the Name of Love) and 'New Year's Day' will appeal to a fan of 80s Echo and The Bunnymen.
I'd also make note of anything by The Chameleons, and for some stuff with darker textures; Bauhaus, early Swans, etc.
MercuryTurn your back on the pay-you-back last callProfile St. Louis
Alright BEA forum users I need recommendations for someone who's bored with the norm. Preferably newer music and of course all recommendations are much appreciated.
Alright BEA forum users I need recommendations for someone who's bored with the norm. Preferably newer music and of course all recommendations are much appreciated.
Alright BEA forum users I need recommendations for someone who's bored with the norm. Preferably newer music and of course all recommendations are much appreciated.
Alright BEA forum users I need recommendations for someone who's bored with the norm. Preferably newer music and of course all recommendations are much appreciated.
Lil Ugly Mane - Three Sided Tape Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 [vaporwavey hip hop]
Taku Unami, Moe Kamura, and Tetuzi Akiyama - Hontatedori [onkyo-ish art pop-ish avant-folk]
Mykki Blanco - Cosmic Angel: The Illuminati Prince/ss Mixtape [rly good abstract-ish hip hop by big LGBTQ rapper]
won't type it out to bore you, but some of the 2014 Tiny Mix Tapes Eureka! picks are actually quite good (hint: bandcamp = good for these). feeling lazy so i'm not typing more out right now, but if these tickled your fancy, i can rec more stuff and if you wanna drop the recent criterion, i can definitely help a bit more.
Last edited by satiemaniac on 03/10/2014 07:04; edited 1 time in total
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum