Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 222324 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Love the recommendations, thanks all.

Also- I forgot about Soft Machine and Zappa. I'm also a big fan of both.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Ay yo. Hit me up with some jazz.


If you like fusion jazz, like Bitches Brew (and On the Corner and Live-Evil) and John McLaughlin's other works, you should check out the Weather Report (s/t, I Sing the Body Electric, Heavy Weather) and maybe some stuff from Carla Bley, Michael Mantler (Jazz Composer's Orchestra), and Jaco Pastorius' bandleader/solo stuff.
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
If you like fusion jazz, like Bitches Brew (and On the Corner and Live-Evil) and John McLaughlin's other works, you should check out the Weather Report (s/t, I Sing the Body Electric, Heavy Weather) and maybe some stuff from Carla Bley, Michael Mantler (Jazz Composer's Orchestra), and Jaco Pastorius' bandleader/solo stuff.


Awesome, I'll check it out, thanks. I'm vaguely familiar with Weather Report, though it's been a long time, I should get back into them.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Hi, can I get some recommendations of music similar to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot? Jesus Etc is so good.
  • Quote
So yeah, repeating again because I don't think I got enough answers

1. Albums with the kind of vibe that Tonight's The Night, Smiley Smile, Third/Sister Lovers all have. That kind of "I'm broken" vibe.

2. Albums that sound like the first half of Feels. The closest thing to sounding like Feels I've found is mรบm but that's more like the second half (subdued and gentle, whereas the first half is explosive pop with lots of energy and screams)
  • Quote
rayword45 wrote:
2. Albums that sound like the first half of Feels. The closest thing to sounding like Feels I've found is mรบm but that's more like the second half (subdued and gentle, whereas the first half is explosive pop with lots of energy and screams)

Hm, that's a hard one...perhaps maybe

Set 'Em Wild, Set 'Em Free by Akron/Family
And if that isn't tribal and raucous enough for you, you could always try their album "Love Is Simple"
  • Quote
rayword45 wrote:
So yeah, repeating again because I don't think I got enough answers

1. Albums with the kind of vibe that Tonight's The Night, Smiley Smile, Third/Sister Lovers all have. That kind of "I'm broken" vibe.



This too


So Alone by Johnny Thunders

The whole thing, even the rocking parts, are drenched with a broken, sad, junky lostness. Especially recommend you listen to the version of "So Alone" that has the bonus track "So Alone".
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
rayword45 wrote:
So yeah, repeating again because I don't think I got enough answers

1. Albums with the kind of vibe that Tonight's The Night, Smiley Smile, Third/Sister Lovers all have. That kind of "I'm broken" vibe.


Mercury's pick is spot on. Here's three more...


Oar by Alexander Spence


Darklands by The Jesus and Mary Chain


Blue Afternoon by Tim Buckley
  • Quote
Karnoffel wrote:
Hi, can I get some recommendations of music similar to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot? Jesus Etc is so good.


Might as well check out Smog's Knock Knock and then see where to go from there; Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is a tough order to follow. If you like "Jesus Etc.," you might check out "Good Woman."
  • Quote
DO you guys have something that sounds like this?

Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins
Been Listening to this a lot these days, and would like to see if you know any familiar albums
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 222324 ... 101102103  Next
Page 23 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Film Recommendations undefined Movies & TV
Recommendations fallend6vil Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.