What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 490649074908 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Goodsir wrote:
Was already listening to Blue Train before you posted that. ๐Ÿคฃ I'm planning on listening to Coltrane all night, so my ascension will start soon. :lol:


so my ascension will start soon.

Let me know what you think!
  • Quote

Tiger Trap by Tiger Trap

This is fantastic, obviously. Rose Melberg is so cool.


Wild Like Children by Tilly And The Wall

This was awesome too! Kinda dramatic and really fun, which is totally my thing. Reminds me of Saturdays=Youth by m83. Not in sound, but...similar vibes. That youthful teenagery sort of thing. I love it.


Infliction by Scheer

The cover looks pretty gross... I hope I don't like this enough to put it on my chart, haha.

I saw it described as "striking the space separating babes in toyland and cranes" in an RYM review, which naturally excited me. Plus I had it recommended to me before by....must've been latenighttv. Sucks he is up against Norman.

Some moments it really succeeds in creating this creepy, deranged sounding atmosphere, other times it is just cool guitar riffs. She has a really nice voice. "It would be much easier if you were dead, I wish you were dead, I wish you weeeerre...*guitar riffs*" Supposedly it has dream pop elements but they don't seem fully integrated, rather some songs have hints of it, some don't. This is one of those frustrating albums where it feels like it is so close to being special, but it isn't quite. Eh, I won't worry about it, I'll just sit back and enjoy it.

This album does have some really amazing moments. Like, the ending of "Demon".


The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

Been so long since I've listened to this. First track kinda seems like a homage to In The Flesh off of The Wall. This album is blissfully loud and fun. MCR>Slayer
Oh great now we're getting to the title song. Totally makes me think of all the teenagers I hung around when I was like ten. If I close my eyes I almost feel like I'm in Hot Topic. ๐Ÿคฃ

meh, kinda gets old, I might skip around the tracklist a bit. I like the loud ones better. Well, Cancer is quite good. The song. o_O

Okay I'm gonna listen to Teenagers then peace out.

I might relisten to Infliction by Scheer or In The Heart of The Moon by Ali Farka Tourรฉ and Toumani Diabatรฉ from here. Idk.
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Slayer < MCR every day.
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Slayer > MCR every day.
  • Quote

The Odd Couple by Gnarls Barkley

Hello Mercury
  • Quote
I think the Slayer vs. MCR debate needs some perspectiveโ€ฆ.

SLAYER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MCR
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
I think the Slayer vs. MCR debate needs some perspectiveโ€ฆ.

SLAYER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MCR

So much this


Ascension by John Coltrane
  • Quote
AlternativeBase wrote:

The Odd Couple by Gnarls Barkley

Hello Mercury


Well, hello! I'm assuming you got that at least partially from my chart. I love that album a lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot.

Anyway, let me know what you thought.

As for me I am listening to....


NOTHING! I'm doing the final packing up of my random odds and ends and computer parts and clothes and just random books etc from my dad's basement where I've been living for the last 7 odd years. Concurrent to that I am using my day's washer and dryer one last time (at leas until next week)

yea, I'm finally being an adult (kinda) an moving out! I don't know if you guys have much of an idea of how exciting and kind of scary it is to leave your dad-landlord and go into the big city to deal with a real landlord. I'm sure a lot of y'all do. It's exciting.

I think I will listen to this next - once I get back to my stereo at my new apartment...


Symphony No. 6 (Devil Choirs at the Gates of Heaven) by Glenn Branca

Cuz you can never have too much Branca!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
I think the Slayer vs. MCR debate needs some perspectiveโ€ฆ.


I agree

White Stripes>>>Less Than Jake >>>The Offspring>>>Blink-182>>>AFI>>>Jimmy Eat World>>>Green Day>>>MCR>>>>>>>>>>>>Slayer
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Well, hello! I'm assuming you got that at least partially from my chart. I love that album a lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot.

Anyway, let me know what you thought.

As for me I am listening to....


Yes! I got this from your chart!

I love the Neo Soul/Electrosoul aspect of it, and do prefer this to the debut. It's so fun! I can't wait to give it another listen! Thank you Mercury!

Finally finishing of Montreal's discography with:


Paralytic Stalks by of Montreal

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 490649074908 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 4907 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.