What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 490849094910 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Oh god fallout boy would've been on that list only if there was a font small enough. Can't stand them. Which is weird since I like P!ATD and most people who like one like both but eh *shrug* Anyways, I guess I'm now listening to


Reign In Blood by Slayer


Oh my bad, I totally added that artist without looking at what you wrote. I thought you ha mentioned fallout Boy. I was probably thinking of Less Than Jake. But I don't recall what LTJ sound like so I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Anyway, hope you enjoy RIB. I find it to be an album you have to be in te mood for iotherwise it can be very tiresome very fast.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
You Turn Me On by Beat Happening


Found out tonight that the frontman went on to form Dub Narcotic Sound System, whose Industrial Breakdown (thanks 8===Defago) I've been listening to a lot recently.

Anyways, on to


Disappeared by Spring Heel Jack

a first listen for me from this group
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Oh my bad, I totally added that artist without looking at what you wrote. I thought you ha mentioned fallout Boy. I was probably thinking of Less Than Jake. But I don't recall what LTJ sound like so I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Anyway, hope you enjoy RIB. I find it to be an album you have to be in te mood for iotherwise it can be very tiresome very fast.


LTJ were skate punk/ska punk depending on the song. Give Hello Rockview a listen sometime, it's a classic. Anyways, I think I actually had abandoned RIB after Track 4 last time and I've discovered that Jesus Saves is my favorite song on there (so far). Had to break so I'm not done with it but it's better than I recalled.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote

Songs by Regina Spektor

There isn't very much that is better than this album. I hope someone's eye lingers on this post and thinks, "Well, I guess I could try it" and then they listen to it and tell me what they think. Can't wait for the day it is featured as User Pick of the Day. The most spontaneous, uninhibited sounding album ever. It is hard to imagine her ever writing these lyrics down. It's like a once-in-a-lifetime burst of fun, silly, gorgeous creativity. It's just her singing and playing piano (and that is all there is, her voice and a piano). All the songs were done in one take. Idk, it's not "oh time for all sorts of serious singer-songwriter stuff, put on your serious faces" It's like the anti-that.

Oh this is lovely, apparently these were (some of) the liner notes:
"Songs, recorded on December 25, 2001. Times Square was cold, quiet, abandoned. Joe Mendelson and I were going to archive a list of songs. We recorded seventeenโ€”here are twelve of them. When you are listening to this little disk, try to think that you are in on a secret..."

Describes it so well. Aaagh, this album has such a special place in my heart. When I was first introduced to Regina Spektor, via Fidelity and Better, I thought she was okay, but...I found this and it is in my heart forever. ^_^ Soviet Kitsch is amazing (!!!) too but it doesn't have the same special feeling as this. Regina Spektor is as cool as it gets.

Also ya'll need to learn to write lots and lots about whatever music you're listening to in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜œ I love talking about music, and seeing other people talk about music.

Oh god Ne Me Quitte Pas is starting and I instantly just...aaaagh XD This song is like iconic to me. This is like my equivalent to the Stairway to Heavens and Bohemian Rhapsodies the world sees as iconic. Totally one of the best songs ever. It is like when you just finished watching an amazing, affecting movie and the credits start to roll and play the title song. Like...Ofelia's lullaby playing in the credits of Pan's Labyrinth. Like encountering something from your childhood you had not seen since your childhood. Your face gets like this ๐Ÿ˜ and it stays that way through the duration of it. Does that get across how much I love this song? XD It's like a celebration. Totally oozing with joy right now. Music is the most life-affirming stuff, honest.
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:

Songs by Regina Spektor

There isn't very much that is better than this album. I hope someone's eye lingers on this post and thinks, "Well, I guess I could try it" and then they listen to it and tell me what they think. Can't wait for the day it is featured as User Pick of the Day. The most spontaneous, uninhibited sounding album ever. It is hard to imagine her ever writing these lyrics down. It's like a once-in-a-lifetime burst of fun, silly, gorgeous creativity. It's just her singing and playing piano (and that is all there is, her voice and a piano). All the songs were done in one take. Idk, it's not "oh time for all sorts of serious singer-songwriter stuff, put on your serious faces" It's like the anti-that.

Oh this is lovely, apparently these were (some of) the liner notes:
"Songs, recorded on December 25, 2001. Times Square was cold, quiet, abandoned. Joe Mendelson and I were going to archive a list of songs. We recorded seventeenโ€”here are twelve of them. When you are listening to this little disk, try to think that you are in on a secret..."

Describes it so well. Aaagh, this album has such a special place in my heart. When I was first introduced to Regina Spektor, via Fidelity and Better, I thought she was okay, but...I found this and it is in my heart forever. ^_^ Soviet Kitsch is amazing (!!!) too but it doesn't have the same special feeling as this. Regina Spektor is as cool as it gets.

Also ya'll need to learn to write lots and lots about whatever music you're listening to in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜œ I love talking about music, and seeing other people talk about music.

Oh god Ne Me Quitte Pas is starting and I instantly just...aaaagh XD This song is like iconic to me. This is like my equivalent to the Stairway to Heavens and Bohemian Rhapsodies the world sees as iconic. Totally one of the best songs ever. It is like when you just finished watching an amazing, affecting movie and the credits start to roll and play the title song. Like...Ofelia's lullaby playing in the credits of Pan's Labyrinth. Like encountering something from your childhood you had not seen since your childhood. Your face gets like this ๐Ÿ˜ and it stays that way through the duration of it. Does that get across how much I love this song? XD It's like a celebration. Totally oozing with joy right now. Music is the most life-affirming stuff, honest.


Haven't listened to this since I was 13 but Brandon is completely right. This album is pure joyous, unbridled creativity. Regina Spektor is a beautiful, vibrant soul and she was, for the longest time, my go to pick-me-up artist. Thanks Brandon for reminding me that this exists, I will to listen to it again soon.

Anyway, in complete contrast I'm just about to start this:


Hospice by The Antlers
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
Disappeared by Spring Heel Jack

a first listen for me from this group


really enjoyable, gonna stick with them for the rest of the evening


Amassed by Spring Heel Jack
  • Quote

Hidden by These New Puritans

I don't technically 'like' it, but it's interesting.
  • Quote

Re-Ac-Tor by Neil Young
  • Quote


๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Quote

Flightsafety by Shannon Wright

What I always end up listening to when I try to listen to RS. Haunting, confessional & intimate.

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 490849094910 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 4909 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.